PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY TO THE ADDRESS BELOW RATHER THAN TO THIS WEB SITE
Provide excellent management of the First Pres campus to support ministries: maintain multiple buildings and equipment, and ensure campus safety and security; manage room usage for ministries and facilities rental; and oversee IT systems. The Facilities Manager works in partnership with church staff and lay people, vendors and suppliers, and people/groups that rent facilities within our 163,000 square feet campus with five buildings.
Facilities and Equipment
- Oversee the maintenance of buildings and grounds including HVAC, lighting and security systems; custodial staff and contract employees for good work practices; maintenance/repair work; cleaning supplies purchases; landscape maintenance vendor; etc.
- Oversee facilities-related expenses including all utilities; property, casualty and liability insurance coverage (renewals, claims, losses); and property tax.
- Oversee security on campus, including campus/buildings access, security provider, locks, keys, alarm and card systems. Security on-call point of contact. Fire Department contact for fire and safety inspections. Prepare and oversee emergency preparedness plan.
- Develop and manage vendor relationships for cost effectiveness and responsiveness. Maintain list of official First Pres vendors for all necessary repair and maintenance work. Research new vendors as needed.
- Direct capital projects as needed, in collaboration with Facilities Committee, including developing scope of work, selecting quality contractors, soliciting bids, scheduling work with operations and contractors, project supervision, and holding contractors accountable.
- Manage First Pres parking including vendor relationship, First Pres parking needs in light of UC Berkeley sporting event needs, outside contact management with UC Berkeley and the City of Berkeley, and related communications. Administer annual registration for First Pres parking stickers.
- Handle equipment and furniture purchase, maintenance, and repair.
- Oversee reception desk during the week to welcome congregants and guests, and complete office administrative work (printing, mailroom, supplies, etc).
- Assign and maintain storage spaces on site and external storage, implement storage and archive database.
- Manage 2:42 House intern/student housing including building, systems, and janitorial. As needed, handle room rental if vacancies and interface with the City of Berkeley Housing Board.
Room Reservation Management
- Oversee room reservation system for internal and external use, and manage scheduling conflicts for conferences, memorials, and classes.
- Generate room rental income from outside community groups and manage relationships and usage.
- Track facilities rental payments via A/R module of church accounting software.
- Manage IT consultant relationship for ongoing purchase and maintenance of equipment and software.
- Work with telephone consultant on telephone systems for cost effectiveness with high efficiency systems.
- Interface with staff for ongoing maintenance of workstations, laptops, and other technology-related issues.
- Develop and manage annual operating budget for cost savings and cost effectiveness.
- Manage financials for Facilities and IT department related check requests, deposits, reimbursement requests.
- Keep files pertaining to equipment, buildings and maintenance agreements organized and current.
- Primary staff liaison to attend First Pres Facilities Department meetings.
- Maintain updated building maps.
Desired Skill Set:
- Growing and deepening faith in Jesus Christ.
- Service orientation with a passion for facilitating ministry and extending hospitality to all on campus.
- Preferred 5–10 years commercial real estate experience and/or property management experience.
- Effective administrator with demonstrated construction project management skills.
- Knowledge of HVAC, electrical, and other related building systems.
- Knowledge of IT and telephone systems.
- Excellent communicator (written and verbal) with strong interpersonal skills to interact well with internal and external client base.
- Ability to understand and interpret financial data; to create and track a budget with the ability to produce simple spreadsheets.
- Self directed in work and yet able to understand the importance of keeping staff informed about issues.
- Proficient knowledge of needed software programs and web-based applications, which may include: Microsoft Office 365 (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Microsoft Project, Adobe Creative Suite, Google Drive and Docs, and familiarity with database programs. Willing and able to apply advanced features in software and applications, and to learn new programs and applications as needed.
Reports to: Executive Director for Operations
Direct Reports: Custodial staff, Maintenance personnel, and Receptionist
Serves on Committees or Departments: Facilities Ministry Department
Work Schedule: Schedule to be determined for 40 hours/week including weekdays and four hours on Sundays (e.g., Tuesdays-Fridays and Sundays).
This position has benefits.
How To Apply:
- Find our application form at http://www.fpcberkeley.org/employment.asp
- Return this form with your Cover Letter and Resume to Bonnie Rauscher, Human Resources, at email@example.com, or Bonnie Rauscher, First Presbyterian Church, 2407 Dana St., Berkeley, CA 94704.
1st Review Deadline (Priority Deadline): June 27, 2016
Rolling review upon receipt. Early applications are encouraged.
Position will remain open until filled.
Job offer will be contingent on passing a criminal record background check.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Facilities ManagerChrist Church
- Rockaway, New Jersey
- January 12
Executive Director, ChristChurch PresbyterianChrist Church Presbyterian
- Atlanta, Georgia
- January 3
PastorThe Shepherd's Staff
- Anywhere, Texas
- December 30
Teacher, Pastor, Missionary, StaffOlive International School
- Beijing, Not Assigned
- August 23
First Presbyterian Church
We are a community thoughtfully engaged in our faith, embracing people of all ages, ethnicities, backgrounds, and circumstances. This is a place where questions can be asked, honest reflection is encouraged, creativity is cultivated, and where faith is not a formula, but a life lived. We seek to be engaged locally and around the world, to listen and to learn, to embody justice and compassion, and to share the love of Jesus Christ in tangible ways as we journey together. More...