Profile of Candidate: Riverview Church is a growing, friendly, evangelical, Bible-believing church in beautiful Southern California. Ideally, the candidate we are looking for has been involved in cuting-edge, biblically based, fun children's ministries at a church as big or bigger than our own. We would prefer to have someone who has been a director or an associate director in a church that has a successful children's ministry which is loved by the children, where the "kids can't wait to go to church"!!
I Position Summary:
The Director of Children’s Ministries use his/her gifts, talents and skills to provide organizational and visionary leadership to the Children’s Ministry of Riverview Church and to recruit, train, resource, and oversee Children’s Ministry leaders and workers. The Children’s Ministry exists to provide a place where all children can know, understand, and grow in God’s love. Children will be equipped with a biblical foundation that, in God’s timing, might lead them into a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ.
II Position Responsibilities:
- Overall responsibility for the on-going ministries to children birth through grade 5.
- Provide an annual budget recommendation for the Lead Pastor and Elders.
- Provide and lead core team meetings.
- Develops, modifies, and coordinates implementation of policies and procedures regarding Children’s Ministry programs.
- Support liaison for other Riverview ministries under the Children’s Ministry umbrella.
- Attend all staff meetings, retreats, and any other department head events.
- Recruit, interview, and train all potential teachers, greeters, coordinators, substitutes and volunteer staff for all areas of Riverview’s Children’s Ministry programs.
- Provide ongoing training for coordinators, teachers, substitutes, greeters and volunteer staff. This involves research of appropriate conference and training opportunities.
- Oversee policies and procedures for managing and reviewing background checks for everyone involved within all areas of the Children’s Ministry program.
- Conduct teacher reviews, monitor progress and inform staff of any necessary information.
- Maintain communication and encouragement with teachers, coordinators and volunteers via email, notes, newsletters, phone contact and meetings.
- Research, plan, and organize events and ways to express appreciation to staff and volunteers.
- Responsible for the dismissal of staff, teachers, and volunteers when necessary. Issue and conduct exit interviews upon dismissal or resignation of those involved within Children’s Ministry.
- Research and choose appropriate curriculum and oversee its proper use within classrooms.
- Early arrival on Sunday morning to ensure the classrooms are open and ready for services.
- Greet parents and students Sunday morning and answer questions regarding Children’s Ministry.
- One other ministry responsibility will be added to this person's responsibilities according to the gifts and abilities of the candidate (i.e. coordinate single mom's ministry)
Mid Week Children’s Small Groups:
- Order curriculum.
- Recruit and train Volunteers.
- Background checks.
- Produce flyers for activity promotion.
- Organize and schedule the meeting of various groups.
Supervise Director of Child Care:
- Train students for babysitting duties for various Riverview events.
- Recruit Adults to help with child care for various Riverview events
-Women Bible Studies
-Any other Congregational event if deemed necessary by church staff.
Student Leader Program:
- Make flyers and brochures explaining opportunity to become a student leader.
- Provide training, interviews, and placement of potential student leaders.
- Review background checks and interviews of potential student leaders.
- Set up schedule for Sunday morning helpers.
- Review classroom progress for student leaders.
- Encourage student leaders with notes, emails and phone calls.
- Provide appreciation opportunities for student leaders.
- Promote activity through flyers, church announcements, and other forms of advertisements.
- Recruit volunteers to set up, serve, and clean up on day of event.
- Purchase food, decorations, and arrange for delivery / pick up of various rental equipment and games (rock wall, Astro jump).
III Organizational Relationships & Accountability:
The Director of Children’s Ministry reports to the Lead Pastor and works closely with Executive Pastor and MDH Leadership Team.
The Director supervises the Assistant Director, Service Coordinators, Nursery Coordinator, Child Care Coordinator, Greeter Coordinator, Teachers, Substitutes, Children’s Worship Leader, Child Care Director, Student Leaders and Special Event Volunteers.
Education and Experience:
Background in working with children and in recruiting and leading volunteers.
Minimum of 1 year previous experience in children’s ministry.
Creative and visionary approach to children’s ministry.
Team player that is able to take direction from the pastoral staff and is committed to the ministry vision of Riverview church.
Is sensitive to and able to keep confidences.
Ability to work in a team environment toward specific goals.
Strong people skills: outgoing, relational.
Demonstrate a mature Christian faith.
Possess a heart-felt passion for the evangelism and discipleship training of children.
Ability to recruit, manage, and motivate leaders.
Ability to accept change with a positive attitude.
V Work Schedule:
This is a full-time salaried position.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Children's Ministry DirectorFreeburg Community Bible Church
- Freeburg, Illinois
- September 23
Early Childhood AssociateWooddale Church
- Eden Prairie, Minnesota
- September 23
Children's Ministry Director/PastorCornwall Church
- Bellingham, Washington
- September 22
First Baptist Church of Jackson - Preschool MinisterVanderbloemen Search Group
- Jackson, Mississippi
- September 22
Antioch Christian Church - Children's PastorVanderbloemen Search Group
- Marion, Iowa
- September 22
Riverview Church is a church that has a “Passion for Loving God and Loving Others.” This vision comes directly out of the great commandments and informs everything we do as a church. As you become familiar with Riverview, you will notice that our desire is to follow and focus upon Jesus Christ in our worship, fellowship, witnessing, prayer, and teaching! God says that Jesus is not only the foundation of the church but also the head of the church, and that excites us! More...