Full-time Youth Pastor
WHO WE ARE
Faith Covenant church is a vibrant and growing congregation in the Canyonlands of Texas. Borger is a small town (pop. 13,000) 50 miles north of Amarillo. We are actually closer to Colorado Springs, Denver, Santa Fe, Albuquerque, and Oklahoma City than
Dallas! Borger is a great place to raise a family.
Faith Covenant Church is a non-denominational Bible Church. It was founded in 1968. FCC has always been known for a strong emphasis on Bible teaching and ministry to younger generations. In the previous 10 years FCC has grown from 35 in attendance to an
average of 250 with great potential for growth. The student ministry at FCC has increased from 3 students ten years ago to a consistent 70-80 middle and high school students in our Wednesday night ministry. The Student Ministry and Children’s Ministry regularly
see 150-175 combined on Wednesday nights.
We are blessed to have a broad spectrum of Christ followers from all age groups. The largest and fastest growing portion of the congregation at FCC is young families. FCC is a gracious, generous, loving, and exciting community of Christ followers. Please
see our website at faithborger.com
The current Minister of Students, who has led our student ministry for approximately seven (7) years, has answered a call to lead another ministry in a church in Amarillo, TX. His ministry has been marked by excellence, and we believe that the new youth
pastor has the opportunity to step into and build a unique and exciting ministry with potential for amazing growth in every purpose of the church. Many of the students at FCC are key leaders in their schools.
FCC places a high value on ministry to students. For a church our size, we invest a significant portion of our ministry resources into ministry to students and children. We stress addressing the spiritual needs of students at every level of their spiritual
formation. Our students annually participate in a camp in Colorado every summer and host a large Disciple-Now Weekend every Spring. Each summer, 30-40 of our high school students participate in an inner-city mission venture with Houston’s First Baptist Church
in Houston, TX. They also endeavor to travel overseas every other summer in a global mission venture. FCC has a strong youth ministry intern program. The Catalyst building, dedicated to student ministry, was completed in 2012. As a church, we give our
students opportunities to participate in and lead out in many arenas of church life. We believe it is an important part of their spiritual growth. We believe that a leader with a vision and desire to build a great ministry to students will be very fulfilled
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Minister to Students at FCC is the primary architect of our church’s mission to impact the student generation of our region with the Gospel. The Minister to Students will need to…
- Have a vision for a Gospel-centered ministry
- Be a spiritually mature, missional leader with a vision for young lives who is continuing to grow as a Christ follower and ministry leader
- Be someone who is gifted for and passionate about youth ministry. Someone who is energized by being with students and building a ministry for younger generations of Christ followers.
- Design, plan, and execute ministry experiences that will grow and challenge students ranging in age from 6th grade through 12th grade in collaboration with the FCC Ministry Staff, adult volunteer leaders, student leaders, and parents
in keeping with the values and vision of FCC. Ministry to college students may be asked of our Minister to Students if the need or opportunity arises.
- Lead the charge in creating and cultivating a vibrant youth ministry culture in FCC as a whole
- Recruit, train, develop and grow Student Ministry Volunteer Leaders among adults and students who will duplicate their heart while diversifying their personality, gifts, experiences, etc.so that the student ministry of FCC can have a broad spectrum
of impact on the student community in our region
- Be an engaging teacher who loves the Word of God, with a strong biblical and theological background, who is in agreement with Faith Covenant Church’s Doctrinal Statement
- Develop a broad, long term teaching strategy (curriculum) designed to give students the tools necessary to maintain a vibrant walk with Christ after they leave our church and community
- Be a catalytic leader, capable of casting and imparting vision for ministry with students, parents, and staff
- Be a part of a gifted team of pastors and ministers and be willing to serve others, help other ministries succeed, and foster Christ-honoring relationships with fellow ministry leaders
- Foster an authentic sense of partnership and fellowship between the Student Ministry and the church as a whole.
- Be fully invested in the overall vision and ministry of Faith Covenant Church
- Have the heart of a servant-leader
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals who may not be able to perform all of these duties.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university. An accredited theological education is not a requirement for this position, but an ability to teach the Word of God at a high level is a must for this group of students
- Lead and organize a catalytic student worship experience implementing elements of fellowship, worship, discipleship, and/or evangelism under the leadership of the Holy Spirit
- Provide Scripture-based counseling and spiritual direction to students on an individual basis. Be available to listen to and lead our students in making major life decisions
- Create ministry and fellowship events that engage the hearts and minds of students and foster Christ-honoring community, joy, and spiritual growth
- Keep students and parents informed of ongoing activities. Keep parents updated on ministry strategies and plans in a way that encourages partnership and involvement.
- Support FCC parents in effectively fulfilling their Christian parenting roles, in concert with other pastoral staff
- Engage students through social media to edify them, publicize events, and promote ministry
- Develop and oversee the student ministry budget and manage student fees for events and trips
- Work under pressure to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Communicate clearly, thoroughly and in a timely manner with team, staff and Lead Pastor
- Care for and improve properties, resources, and equipment entrusted to the student ministry
- Attend school events and develop a campus presence with the help of school administration. Be a voice in the life of all students in our city, not just the students of FCC
- Set goals annually, then evaluate and review the youth ministry annually with the Lead Pastor
If you feel that God may be calling you to join us and lead us as we fulfill our vision and live our values, then we invite you to send your resume to Daphne in our church office: