Berea Presbyterian Church (PCA) of Hockessin, Delaware is searching for an energized and godly Assistant Pastor to lead the congregation in a) the Sunday worship service; and, b) the shepherding of our children and youth; and, c) preaching from the pulpit
Specifically, the candidate will cover the following responsibilities:
1. Worship Leadership (~40% of Time)
- Plan weekly worship services in conjunction with the Senior Pastor and worship team leaders
- All Sunday morning worship prepared to ensure the highest level of grace driven excellence
- Responsible for all elements of the volunteer led worship (including the worship teams, sound team and special elements – choir, solo, special music etc.)
2. Children and Youth (~40% of Time)
- Directly lead the JR & SR High volunteer staff and youth programs
- Identify and disciple a volunteer staff and then oversee effective discipleship programs for the youth, to include:
- Children’s Sunday School and Junior Church
- Pioneer Girls and Boy’s Brigade
3. Preaching and Administrative (~20% of Time)
- Attend regular staff meetings
- Attend Session meetings
- Preach 8x a year
The successful candidate must:
- Already be ordained, or be actively and earnestly pursuing a pastoral degree and be confidently capable of ordination in the PCA denomination within a couple of years.
- Be able to articulate a philosophy of worship that is scriptural and capable of spanning traditional and contemporary traditions.
- Be musically competent.
- Have demonstrated leadership capabilities with adults and youth, preferably in a ministry setting.
- Be willing and able to otherwise perform the above job description, preferably having experience in leading or designing a Christ-centered worship service.