The Director of Finance will be responsible for the leadership and oversight of the Finance Department which handles the accounting for McLean Bible Church (MBC) and Jill’s House. Review and finalize financial statements and projections, and ensure compliance with GAAP. Analysis of monthly variances and reporting on applicable metrics for senior leadership. This position will interface with various levels within MBC and external contacts (auditors, bank employees, contributors, vendors, etc.) to insure that policies and procedures are followed and that MBC is in compliance with regulatory and legal requirements. This position will be responsible for the execution of the annual audit and the annual budget process for MBC and Jill’s House.
This position will be expected to research and recommend financial and accounting strategies and procedures for the organization and to ensure compliance with all regulatory agencies. Advise and assist ministries, department managers, and senior leadership on financial matters. This person will also be responsible for risk management for the organization which includes ensuring adequate insurance coverages, overseeing liability waivers used by the ministries, managing certificates of insurance, and handling the annual insurance renewal.
This person will also be responsible for reviewing and approving journal entries and bank reconciliations. In addition to managing the general ledger and the associated chart of accounts and the creation of new accounts. This position will also handle other duties and projects as assigned by senior leadership.
- Oversight and leadership of the Finance team.
- Review and finalize financial statements and projections, and ensure that financial statements comply with GAAP. Analysis of monthly variances and other applicable metrics for management.
- Preparation and completion of the annual budget for MBC and Jill’s House.
- Research and recommend financial and accounting strategies and procedures for the organization.
- Coordinate and oversee the annual external audit for MBC and Jill’s House, including the preparation of the annual financial statements and year end schedules.
- Review and approve journal entries and bank reconciliations.
- Advise and assist ministries, department managers, and senior management on financial matters.
- Risk management oversight such as overseeing general liability policies, certificates of insurance, liability waivers, and the annual insurance renewals.
- Administration of the general ledger security settings and approval of any account coding structure changes.
- Research various accounting and tax issues to ensure compliance with all regulatory agencies.
- Ensure compliance with all tax reporting as required by the IRS or state agencies.
- Other projects as assigned by senior leadership.
- Staff will make McLean Bible Church their home church and will become a member.
- Minimum 8-10 years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Considerable knowledge of financial analysis, GAAP, budgeting, forecasting, general ledger, financial statements.
- Flexibility for evenings and weekends.
- Intermediate level of experience in Microsoft Office applications.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively lead a team and to help each member of the team continue to grow and develop.
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented, particularly with numbers.
- Team-oriented individual who is able to manage time and meet deadlines.
In order to be considered for the position, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Business ManagerGrace Community Church
- Fremont, Ohio
- January 18
Executive PastorThe Worship Place
- Georgetown, Texas
- January 17
Church AccountantAdvent United Methodist Church
- Simpsonville, South Carolina
- January 15
- Rockaway, New Jersey
- January 12
Executive Director - Impact ChurchPrivate Profile
- East Point, Georgia
- January 11
McLean Bible Church
At McLean Bible Church, our vision is to make an impact on secular Washington with the message of Jesus Christ. Our desire is for you to join God in accomplishing this vision by becoming a fully devoted follower of Christ. Becoming a fully devoted follower is the result of the Holy Spirit’s work in our lives and our personal spiritual disciplines which help create an environment to facilitate our growth. Specifically, we believe that The Four Disciplines – growing in your relationship with Jesus Christ, connecting in biblical com More...