Apply here: http://www.vanderbloemen.com/jobs/rockland-community-church-pastor-of-worship-outreach
To know and to encounter the love of Christ for the glory of God and the good of others.
Rockland Community Church (RCC) has been faithfully serving Christ and the people of Colorado since 1879, and is one of the oldest active churches in Colorado. RCC is a healthy church with an average of 450 in worship attendance. The majority of members
joining the congregation come from varied denominational backgrounds, which brings a rich and varied theological diversity to RCC and is considered a great strength for the church. The reputation of RCC in the community is solid, and the church is well positioned
to continue to expand ministry within the body, the surrounding community, the nation, and the world.
The next Pastor of Worship & Outreach will be a mature Christian who has displayed a love for the Lord and a desire to serve His church. This person must be a skilled musician and talented vocalist with demonstrated leadership ability for the purpose of
leading the congregation in worship, both musically and pastorally. This individual will be equipped with leadership/planning/organizational skills and audio-visual knowledge. He/she should value both traditional and contemporary Christian music. The Pastor
of Worship & Outreach must also possess a heart for missions and outreach.
A seminary degree is strongly preferred for this position, so that all goals and expectations are successfully met within the context of the role. The Pastor of Worship & Outreach will serve on the senior leadership team and will have three main functions.
- Plan and lead worship services at Rockland each Sunday, both musically and pastorally.
- Be liaison with the Outreach Ministry Team to oversee the outreach ministries of Rockland.
- Care for the congregation as needs arise.
The ideal candidate for the position will:
- Possess a strong “learner” mentality, with humility and teachability as key attributes.
- Have an ability to lead worship for inter-generational audiences of all ages.
- Effectively relate to all demographics represented within RCC.
- Proactively plan and give attention to both worship & outreach ministries.
- Have a solid understanding of both traditional and contemporary music, as well as effectively fusing the two styles.
- Have proven experience as a skilled choir leader.
- Possess the capability to enter and contribute to a highly motivated, cohesive, and driven staff team.
- Have a history of effective budget management and stewardship.
RCC is located west of Golden, Colorado, the gateway to the Rocky Mountains. One will discover small community charm that meets world-class recreation, from hiking and biking, to snow and water sports. The mountains are the crowning glory in this area,
providing access to renown ski resorts within a one hour drive. Offering great views in all directions, there are many cultural attractions, affordable dining, shopping, and of course many great tourist opportunities.