Director of Discipleship – Nursery - 8th Grade
Tabernacle Evangelical Presbyterian Church
Position Description – The Director of Discipleship for nursery through 8th grade is responsible for working with families and the church at large to reach, disciple, and minister to kids in this age range in the church and throughout the community.
Accountability: the Session of TEPC and the Senior Pastor
Works in Collaboration with: Staff, Family Ministry Team, Volunteer Youth Leaders, and Families.
- Provide vision and implementation for a model of discipleship for kids from nursery to 8th grade.
- This model will include direct oversight over Sunday School for nursery through 8th grade; weekly Kids Church on Sunday mornings during church; Fusion, a bi-monthly gathering for 4th and 5th graders; and Oasis, a weekly gathering for Middle School (grades 6-8) students.
- Recruiting, training, oversight, and care for volunteers associated with the ministry of kids from nursery to 8th grade.
- Providing leadership and oversight for at least quarterly events for kids and families of the church and community (i.e. – Father Daughter Dance, Fall Fun Fest)
- Providing leadership and oversight for an annual Vacation Bible School in the summer months for kids ages 4 years old-5th grade.
- Provide service opportunities for local missions (i.e. Hope for Renewal) and mission experiences beyond Youngstown for Middle School students.
- Assisting, encouraging, and empowering parents in their Biblical roles as leaders in their home.
- Oversight of the Ministry of the Nursery
- Develop and maintain a budget for the ministry areas in which you cover.
- Attendance at weekly staff meetings will be required.
- Those things assigned by either the Senior Pastor or Session of TEPC.
- Have a clear testimony to a Christ centered life with a commitment to a personal prayer life and spiritual growth.
- Competent in the interpretation, exposition, and application of Scripture with a passionate desire to teach God’s Word.
- Must be committed to raising up, equipping and inspiring the people of God to acts of service within the body of Christ.
- Proven leadership with qualified references of past experiences.
- Must be a self starter and effective communicator
- Approachable and proactive
- Creative thinking skills
- Team player
- Ability to develop and lead teams
- Ability to confidently communicate from the front of a group
- Organizational skills
- Interpersonal communication skills and appropriate technology skills in social media
- Flexibility and Adaptability
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Senior Pastor (767612)The Shepherd's Staff
- USA Southeast, Florida
- October 24
Family PastorSpringwell Church
- Taylors, South Carolina
- October 20
Youth/Creative MinisterBroadview Baptist Church
- Abilene, Texas
- October 19
Family PastorEssential Church
- Virginia Beach, Virginia
- October 18
Family PastorHarvest Bible Chapel
- Rockford, Illinois
- October 18
Tabernacle Evangelical Presbyterian Church exists to glorify God by being imitators of Jesus Christ. Our vision is to be a house of hope, filled with devotion to God and compassion for others, through unity in Jesus Christ. More...