The Women’s Ministry Director will work with the Pastor of Discipleship to care for and lead the women at Chino Valley Community Church. She will provide spiritual and organizational oversight to support the women at Chino Valley Community Church and equip
them to grow in faith and use their gifts. The position will also require developing and implementing strategies for assimilating people into the life and ministry of CVCC through a systematic mechanism.
- Spiritually Mature Character: Demonstrates a genuine love for God, a desire for obedience and submission to His plan and has a spiritual appetite for God’s Word and God himself. The successful candidate will have an obvious love for the
Lord and His work that results in a lifestyle marked by the fruit of the Spirit.
- Strong Biblical Foundation/Education: Knows the Bible well and is able to do basic exegetical work for the purpose of ensuring that curriculum is biblically sound and that the goals of women’s ministry are in line with Scripture’s directives.
A strong Bible background is required and some formal biblical training is preferred.
- Experience Leading Women’s Ministry: Has experience leading in women’s ministry, shepherding ministry leaders, building ministry teams, coordinating women’s studies and special event planning. Participation in a women’s ministry at a church
of 1000+ is preferred.
- Emotional Intelligence: Ability to manage emotions of self, and navigate through the emotions of others.
- Collaborative Leader: Effective team builder for the purpose of engaging more ladies in the process of seeking God’s will for CVCC’s women’s ministry and to help more women partner together to see God’s will materialize here.
- Relationship Skills: Ability to connect with people and get along with them. High capacity for relating to people with varying perspectives. Is able to manage conflict and other relational challenges. Ability to have balance between being
people oriented and task oriented.
- Process Orientation: Ability to develop, and manage organizational systems. Able to create and build systems in a logical manner that will facilitate effective ministry and operational effectiveness.
- Organizational Skills: Is highly structured in the work approach by prioritizing tasks, planning, and creating appropriate boundaries to accomplish goals.
- Results Orientation: High capacity for setting goals that are challenging, but realistic. Able to set specific metrics for self and others. Understands the need for accountability and evaluation.
- Decisiveness: Is able to collect information, draw conclusions, and arrive at decisions in a timely manner.
Essential Job Functions Related to Women’s Ministry:
- Provide Shepherding Oversight for Women’s Ministry: The Women’s Ministry Director will provide spiritual care for Women’s Ministry leaders and ensure that Women’s Ministry is effectively shepherding women. She will help women know, be transformed
by and share the Gospel. She will model community and develop a ministry infrastructure that helps ladies partner together in community to love God and love others. She will be a shepherd of shepherds.
- Develop Women’s Ministry Objectives: The Women’s Ministry Director will partner with the Pastor of Discipleship to develop annual ministry objectives and ongoing ministry core-competencies.
- Build and Equip Teams of Volunteers to Use Their Gifts: The Women’s Ministry Director will value the Holy Spirit’s presence and gifting in each follower of Christ by encouraging, and equipping ladies to use their gifts for the Lord.
- Provide Basic Counseling Support for Ladies: The Women’s Ministry Director will partner with the Senior Pastor in providing counseling.
- Develop a Plan to Meet Objectives that Includes Regularly Scheduled ministry and Events:
The Women’s Ministry Director will evaluate existing seasonal events, retreats and regularly-scheduled studies. She will value CVCC’s past and collaboratively shape CVCC’s future.
- Partner with the Pastor of Discipleship to Ensure Men’s and Women’s Ministries Work Together to Grow Families:
The Women’s Ministry Director will collaborate with the Pastor of Discipleship to create more continuity between Men’s and Women’s ministries as it relates to ministry objectives, ministry scheduling and volunteer shepherding/equipping.
- Become Part of the Chino Valley Community Church Family: The Women’s Ministry Director will engage with the church family here as both a leader and a participant in God’s work. Her involvement here will be highly relational as a value for
transformation and as a value for how God designed His Church to relate to each other.
- Be Present in Core Women’s Ministry Events:
The Women’s Ministry Director will be present at Women’s Studies (Tuesday Morning & Wednesday Night as they are Currently Constructed) and events.
- Volunteer recruiting and training: The Women’s Ministry Director will draw new women in to volunteer roles, identify and encourage the development of spiritual gifts and talents, and help women grow in their ability and desire to serve
the Lord in their spheres of influence and at Chino Valley Community Church.
- Manage Women’s Ministry Budget: The Women’s Ministry Director will forecast costs for ongoing ministries, event planning and leadership development. Manage the annual budget to ensure that ministry happens, leaders are equipped and that
leaders are supported.
Essential Job Functions Related to Assimilation Ministry
- Collaborate with Staff to Connect People: Work with the Pastor of Discipleship & Adult Ministries to reach, grow and develop fully-mature disciples of Christ.
- Develop an Intentional Assimilation Strategy and Process: Take the lead in developing an end-to-end, intentional path and plan which keeps guests moving forward from their first visit to their full assimilation into CVCC.
- Track and report the progression of Assimilation: Oversee the documentation of the assimilation process to remove any barriers to guests attending CVCC and removing barriers from successfully moving people through the assimilation process.
This involves maintaining a data base (in our case – F1) to track the connection of members and attenders.
- Contact Visitors to Connect them: Build a system to initiate and maintain contact with first time visitors.
- Develop a Ministry Engagement Strategy: Develop an intentional system of moving people not only into groups, but into ministry. This will not only be based on the needs of CVCC, but on the individual gifting of members and where they best
fit. This involves creating strategies to improve the percentage of people serving each week.
- Address Retention: Create systems to determine and address individuals whose involvement is decreasing so that no one is dropped or leaves ‘via the back door’ without the church becoming aware and intervening.
- Provide Administrative Support to the Ministry of Assimilation:
Provide managerial oversight to the implementation and maintenance of assimilation ministry and volunteer systems.
- Oversee the recruitment, motivation, and training of leaders:
Develop leaders and train teams that can execute the assimilation and volunteer system processes.
- Develop an Assimilation Communications strategy: Create a mechanism to engage, inspire, equip and retain leaders and volunteers.
- Lead in Connecting Visitors on Sundays: Provide leadership, be involved and assist in the strategic efforts in the courtyard and welcome center.
Salary Range: $50,000 Annually
Benefits: Cell Phone Allowance, Vacation Time, Employer Retirement Contributions, health insurance