The Youth Ministry Director implements the CrossPoint vision and values in the youth ministry. This position involves planning, mobilizing, administrating, and leading a youth ministry that reaches a diverse spectrum of youth from the area and effectively
disciples so that they are growing in their relationship with Jesus Christ.
Skills and Requirements
- Meet the character qualifications set forth in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9: a growing, personal relationship with Christ, believer’s baptism, and membership at CrossPoint.
- Demonstrated aptitude for planning, mobilizing, administrating, and leading ministry.
- Excellent relationship skills in communication, conflict, and confidentiality with the ability to lead multiple teams. Respected by leaders, parents, youth, and the community.
- Self-motivated, willing to both reach out to people in the area and the church, and able to complete projects.
- Must have at least one of these education paths:
- Bachelor’s degree in divinity, theology, youth ministry or other faith related education (or nearly complete degree).
- Minimum of a six-month internship within a successful youth ministry program.
- Minimum of one year serving in a successful youth ministry as a volunteer with experience in leading a small group and leading events.
- A genuine love for youth and a clear sense of calling to use one’s spiritual gifting and strengths in the area of youth ministry.
- Conduct weekly youth ministry gatherings.
- Design and execute an overall vision for the youth ministry, which aligns with the church’s vision.
- Recruit, train, and equip adult volunteers to shepherd the youth alongside of you. One desired outcome is to equip youth to reach and equip other youth.
- Manage financials for the youth ministry. This includes an annual budget, cash received, and expenditures reporting.
- Maintain data for all youth ministry related information.
- Ensure that all youth leaders and volunteers understand and are in compliance with CrossPoint’s child protection policy.
- Evaluate and review the youth ministry annually with the Senior Pastor.
- Attend weekly Staff meetings.
- Duties may be modified for the benefit of church and staff as directed by the Senior Pastor.
This is a salaried position, ($31,500) with potential to grow into a full-time, salaried position in 2017. Hours are flexible as long as the work can be done effectively. Expectations will be in line with the number of hours assigned to this position.
Process to apply for Youth Minister Position:
Send resume (with three references) and a completed application (application can be downloaded at www.crosspointhutchinson.org) to Rick Stapleton (Senior Pastor) at email@example.com.