The Lead Pastor will provide vision and spiritual leadership in all aspects of church life – primarily through the preaching/teaching of God’s Word, leading staff, and overseeing the various ministries of the church so that the body of Christ is built up
and equipped to serve - inviting people to know Christ and to invest in their lives through discipleship in order that they may identify as followers of Christ.
CrossPoint Baptist Church (CPBC) is a Pastor led, team/committee facilitated, and congregation ruled body of Christ with a current worship attendance of 150-180 individuals. We are seeking a Lead Pastor due to the transition of our previous pastor from
Lead Pastor to Church Planter. He and his family felt and answered this call in January 2016. The church continues to provide a portion of their support as they seek to establish a church plant. CPBC is a member of the Faulkner Baptist Association and the
Southern Baptist Convention and it adheres to the principles of the Baptist Faith and Message of 2000. The church budget for 2016 is just over $266K. The total financial package for Lead Pastor that the church is currently offering is from $65K to $70K annually,
based on history, education and experience. This package is expected to increase commensurate with church growth and giving.
CPBC meets in a non-traditional building located in Greenbrier, AR which is at the foot of the Ozark Mountains. Typically the music portion of worship consists of a music mix and the overall worship style is contemporary in nature. Greenbrier is a town
of something over 5000 individuals about 10 minutes north of Conway, AR (pop – 60,000+) and 45-50 minutes from Little Rock, the state capitol. The area has many amenities including an excellent education system (K-12) and three colleges/universities that
are located in Conway. The high school is one of only a few in the nation that provides a student the opportunity to complete sufficient coursework on campus to graduate with a high school diploma and obtain an Associates Degree simultaneously.
The Lead Pastor is ultimately responsible to God for the functioning, leadership, and vision of the church. He is responsible for providing spiritual instruction and strategic leadership to the congregation, staff, and ministry elements of the church. The
Lead Pastor is to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ, to teach Biblical revelation, to engage in pastoral care, engage in community outreach, and provide spiritual leadership in all areas of church life and function. He must be a man who exemplifies a godly
character and is compassionate in recognizing and meeting the needs of others.
- Maintains a vital personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ through daily Bible study and prayer.
- Plans and conducts worship services, develops and delivers sermons, provides oversight to all messages delivered from the pulpit, and coordinates services.
- Leads in the observance of the Lord’s Supper and Baptism.
- Overseer of all church staff and ministry functions
- Is an example of personal evangelism and provides leadership to the congregation to evangelize, fulfilling the Great Commission.
- Leads in Pastoral care to include but not limited to visits to members, and prospective members, nursing care facilities, and hospitals.
- Conducts Biblical and Christian counseling sessions in an ethical, accountable and confidential manner.
- Conducts wedding services and funeral services.
- Works with all staff and leadership of the church to carry out the mission of the church.
- Moderates church business/members meetings encouraging the proper handling of church business.
- Cooperates with associational, state, and denominational leaders in matters of mutual interest and concern.
- Oversees all church discipline and management of conflict based on Matt. 18.
- Ensures adherence to the Church Constitution and Policies/Procedures, and works toward changes in any areas of these documents that are not Biblically supported.
- A godly man above reproach who possesses the Biblical qualifications outlined in 1 Tim. 3:2-7 and Titus 1:6-9.
- Minimum education requirement of a Masters of Divinity or like degree from an accredited seminary or divinity school.
- At least 5 years of experience as a Lead or Senior Pastor
- Proven leadership ability
- Ability to confront difficult situations as they arise and manage change
- The preferred candidate will be between the ages of 30 and 49 in order to match the dynamic of the church and be able to relate well with all ages and people groups.
- Ability to demonstrate a history of church growth in previous church/es.
- Demonstrate a commitment to and record of support and personal participation in mission efforts.
- Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule, possessing excellent time management skills along with the ability to multi-task effectively.
- Demonstrates strong support of the Southern Baptist Convention
An interested party should send his resume along with video (preferred) and/or audio recordings (or links to recordings) of sermons to email@example.com - or mailed to the following address: CrossPoint Baptist Church, PO Box 153, Greenbrier, AR 72058.
The application must be in the church office no later than July 1, 2016. Applications will be reviewed by the Pastor Search Committee and appropriate contacts made at some point after July 1, 2016.