Director of Student and Children Ministries
Reports to: Senior Pastor
The Student and Children Ministries Director will plan, coordinate, and help implement Blessed Hope Church's student and children’s ministry programs. For student ministry, he or she will be responsible for implementing a full-fledged student ministry program – including curriculum development, volunteer coordination, event planning, and teaching. For children’s ministry, he or she will be responsible for curriculum development and management as well as volunteer coordination and development. In short, this person will be directly responsible for hands-on youth ministry programs and responsible for coordination of children’s ministry programs. As a secondary responsibility, this person will serve as part of the creative worship planning team.
- Prioritizes your personal spiritual health and that of your family through study of the Word, corporate & family worship, and maintaining a work schedule that is of benefit to you and your family as well as the Blessed Hope Church family.
- Able to commit to the mission, vision, and values of Blessed Hope Church.
- Genuinely concerned for the spiritual health of the Blessed Hope Church family.
- Maintains an attitude of prayer, humility, thanksgiving, generosity, creativity, and love by seeking Christ and the fellowship of the pastor/elders on a regular basis.
- A model of Christ-likeness in all areas of life. Humble, teachable, and moldable. A servant leader with a shepherd’s heart.
- A team player that can work within a larger organization structure.
Essential Job Functions
- Develops a sustainable student ministry program. Ideally separating middle and high school students (dependent on size of group).
- Recruit and develop a ministry team to effectively minister to students. This includes a significant level of leadership development.
- Develop smaller group opportunities for high school and middle school students (can be led by volunteers).
- Develop intentional events designed to build community, reach new students, and develop students spiritually.
- Build relationships with students and their families. Serve as an advocate, role model, and encourager of students and families. This includes weekly prayer for students and families.
- Actively seek to be a bridge to young adults for the church.
- Help develop/facilitate a cohesive ministry pipeline from student to young adult.
- Work with key lay leaders to coordinate children’s ministry programs.
- Shepherd and lead the children’s discipleship team – spiritually and practically.
- Planning and participating in regular and special events that involve children’s ministry.
- Champion fresh and new ideas to engage and train parents in avenues of family worship.
- Recruit and develop a ministry team of effective volunteers that strives for excellence in children’s discipleship.
Other Potential Duties
- Serve as an integral part of Blessed Hope’s worship service creative planning team.
- In conjunction with the senior pastor, implement Blessed Hope’s communication strategy through its website and various social media platforms.
- Work with the Senior Pastor and elders to cast clear vision for the church.
- Work with key lay leaders to develop community evangelism opportunities.
- Growing commitment to Christ, including a strong biblical foundation
- Love for children, families, and students and a strong passion for ministry
- Self-motivated, organized administrator
- Relational ministry style
- Commit to and connect with Blessed Hope Church's mission, vision, and values
- Affirm and support Blessed Hope’s Children and Youth ministry goals
- Affirm and support Blessed Hope’s core beliefs statement
- Able and willing to become a covenant member of Blessed Hope
Education, Experience and Salary
- Bachelor's degree or higher preferred
- Experience working with middle school and high school aged students required. Experience working with children, family, and youth ministries preferred.
- $35,000 (+/-) depending on education & experience
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Youth PastorVictory Temple Assembly of God
- Jasper, Indiana
- October 22
Associate Pastor for Small Groups and AdministrationCapshaw Baptist Church
- Harvest, Alabama
- October 21
Pastor to MenCompass Church
- Salinas, California
- October 20
Youth PastorGrace Point Church
- Newtown, Pennsylvania
- October 20
Youth/ music PastorScappoose Foursquqre
- Scappoose, Oregon
- October 20
Blessed Hope Church
Blessed Hope is an independent non-denominational church that was established in 2005. We strive to be an evangelical, Bible-oriented family of Christians. Here at Blessed Hope, you can expect a friendly, family-focused atmosphere. You will fit in no matter how you dress. Our focus is on God, not what others look like or wear. Our musical worship is described as being God-centered, fresh, and sincere; mixing traditional hymns with modern music, all focusing on leading people to the only object of our worship: God. We offer p More...