First United Methodist Church – Collingswood, NJ
Ministry Job Description
Job Title Family and Children’s Pastor
Reports to Senior Pastor
The Family Pastor directs the discipleship process for the church which includes developing a mindset of growing disciples who make disciples within families, small groups, and age-specific ministries both within and outside the church.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Coordinate Assimilation and Connections Ministries
- Oversee Adult Ministry Team including Sunday and Wednesday evening programs, life groups, small groups, discipleship, nurture and fellowship. Includes review and coordination of curriculum.
- Identify, train and equip laity for service.
- Oversee Children’s Ministry Team including Sunday and Wednesday evening programs, children’s worship, ministry outreach events and activities. Includes review and coordination of curriculum.
- Develop and maintain relationships with parents/families of unchurched children attending those ministries.
- Develop and teach parents to disciple children in their homes.
- Communicate with staff and Church Council about the direction and process of discipleship within FUMC.
- Attend staff meetings and meet with the senior pastor, as required.
- Be involved in the community according to the individual’s gifting and passion.
- Preach regularly in the services (frequency TBD) as part of a preaching team.
Education and Training
- Minimum undergraduate (bachelor’s level) degree preferably in Bible, Christian leadership or counseling, education or related field.
- Master’s degree in related field considered but not required.
Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum 3 years’ pastoral experience in a church setting. Could include family pastor, associate pastor or youth and children’s pastor experience.
- Strong biblical knowledge required.
- Demonstrated teaching and leadership ability.
- Demonstrated passion for making and growing disciples of Jesus Christ.
- Stays abreast of effective current trends in ministry.
To successfully perform the key tasks for this position, the individual must have
- strong planning and organizational skills
- excellent communication skills
- good problem solving skills
- ability to delegate
- ability to work under stress
- ability to adapt to changes
- excellent inter-personal skills
- a team player/leader
- Individual must be able to clearly articulate his or her personal faith statement in Jesus Christ.
- Individual must be able to affirm core beliefs as expressed in the “What We Believe” section of the FUMC Collingswood website.
- Must have a an ongoing growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
Working Conditions and Additional Information
This is a full-time salaried position with anticipated work of 40 – 50 hours per week. Benefits include paid vacation / time off, health insurance and a housing allowance. Compensation includes a base salary, based on experience, of $30,000 - $40,000.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Children’s Ministry DirectorFirst Baptist Church Gulfport
- Gulfport, Mississippi
- December 3
CHILDREN’S MINISTRY CAMPUS DIRECTORNew Hope Community Church
- Cambridge, Minnesota
- December 3
Children's Ministry PastorTerraNova Church
- Irvine, California
- December 2
Director of Children's MinistryMission Point Church
- Somers Point, New Jersey
- December 1
Anthem Kids DirectorAnthem Church
- Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
- December 1
First United Methodist of Collingswwod
We at First Church believe that ALL people matter to God, and that God desires to journey with us in a personal relationship with Him through His Son Jesus Christ, and we are to share about that journey with others too! More...