Director of Children’s Ministries
Community of Hope is seeking a Director of Children’s Ministries who is passionate about seeing children grow in faith to become fully devoted followers of Christ. The Director will work with and enhance the volunteer ministry already in place while engaging
numerous opportunities in the community to reach children with the hope of Christ. While experience is desired, training is available. This is a part-time position with a posted salary range of $15,000 - $20,000 per year.
Community of Hope is a diverse congregation serving the growing North Mansfield/South Arlington region of North Texas. The congregation is in the process of positioning for growth and having a strong children’s ministry is a vital part of the future. This
specific ministry area covers children from birth through 6th Grade, with the responsibility of 4th- 6th Grade shared with the established youth ministry.
The director will be responsible for:
- Working with volunteer teachers and helpers to create an environment for spiritual development and growth of both the children and the volunteers.
- Creating a safe environment through the administration of Ministry Safe standards as well as physical security where the children are able to experience the love of God through a varied approach including worship, study, play, service and so forth.
- Collaborating with The Children’s Academy, a child-care company who leases and shares space with the church. This collaboration is a crucial part of the effectiveness of the ministry.
- Creating new and innovative ways to engage families of the community in the mission and ministry of Hope.
- Communicating effectively with parents and volunteers to keep all parties informed of the direction and goals of the ministry. These specific goals for the children’s area will be the responsibility of the Director in consultation with the Pastor for continuity
within the congregation.
- Utilizing and/or developing curriculum that is effective in communicating the Gospel and develops the physical, mental, and mostly spiritual growth of the children.
Should you feel that God is leading you in the direction of this exciting opportunity, please forward your resume and contact information to Pastor Jay Fraze at