Crossroads’ Lead Pastor cultivates the Kingdom potential of our international community by: a) creating and implementing a long-term strategic ministry plan; b) delivering compelling messages and leading the teaching team; c) developing leaders and fostering a thriving staff culture. The successful candidate is an inspiring, authentic, biblical, and relational communicator. Spiritual gifts should include teaching, creative communication, wisdom, discernment and leadership.
WHO WE ARE
Crossroads is an international, English-speaking church located in The Hague, the Netherlands. Our community consists of 450 people (300 adults plus 150 youth and children) from more than 30 countries, including a substantial number of English-speaking Dutch families. Our community is non-denominational, diverse, contemporary, passionate, grace-oriented and Christ-centered.
We want to experience God’s love in a revolutionary, life-changing way and we want to bring that love to our city and to the world. Our identity is enshrined in our mission, vision, values and set of beliefs (as stated in the appendices). The Lead Pastor is supported by a staff of four (an associate pastor, youth pastor, children’s pastor, and office manager) and accountable to an elder board. We have a close collaborative relationship with Christian Associates International, Crossroads International Church Amsterdam and other like-minded churches.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Vision & strategic planning
- Function as a visionary; formulate the strategic plan in close collaboration with the elders.
- Primary communicator of the vision to the church community and to newcomers.
- Coordinate implementation of the strategic plan.
Leadership development & team building
- Ensure the spiritual formation of individuals in the church and development of new leaders, coordinating the church’s leadership development process.
- Cultivate a culture of joyful service in the community ministries, in our city and the world beyond.
- Develop a thriving staff culture: support, supervise, manage and evaluate the staff. Build a sense of teamwork among church staff.
Teaching & building teaching team
- Preach and teach on Sundays (approx. 50%) and in seminars and courses.
- Officiate at weddings, funerals and baby dedications.
- Deliver compelling and engaging messages that challenge the church community to become more fully devoted followers of Jesus.
- Develop bible-based message series with the teaching team, aligned with the strategic plan.
- Build and equip the teaching team to further develop their teaching gifts.
- Graduate degree in Theology, Divinity or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a significant leadership role in a church with a congregation of 300+.
- Experience in ministering and (preferably) living cross-culturally, and an ability to relate comfortably to diverse cultural perspectives.
- Exceptional interpersonal, oral and written communication skills in English
- Agreement with Crossroads’ mission, vision, values and statement of faith.
YOUR SKILLS AND QUALITIES
- Spiritually vital – Your life exhibits the fruit of the Spirit and a growing intimacy with Christ.
- Relational & emotionally intelligent – You demonstrate relational and interpersonal intelligence. You are sensitive to others and continually demonstrate the gentleness, patience and grace modeled by Christ.
- Inspirational connector /People developer – You establish and cultivate strong relationships with all types of people. You have the ability to empower and develop people, helping them to discover their God-given talents and passions.
- Ministry builder – You create and seize opportunities. You enjoy seeing results.
- Mission heart – You have a strong desire to reach out to your neighbourhood, city and beyond. You inspire and encourage others to step out of their comfort zone, to help serve those in need.
- Agile learner – You are continuously learning and open to God’s refinement. You are eager to apply your life experience in a community context.
Crossroads offers a stimulating international work environment and a competitive package.
Application deadline: 7 July 2016. Please note, applications will only be considered if they are submitted via the Crossroads website: crossroads.homerun.co/lead-pastor
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Senior PastorPrivate Profile
- Magnolia, Texas
- December 6
Senior PastorBethel Baptist Church
- Newell, Iowa
- December 4
Senior PastorPrivate Profile
- Gallatin, Missouri
- December 1
"Gang Church" Lead PastorInFaith
- Fresno, California
- December 1
Church Planter in Central NebraskaInFaith
- central, Nebraska
- December 1
Crossroads International Church, The Hague
Crossroads is an international, English-speaking church located in The Hague, the Netherlands. Our community consists of 450 people (300 adults plus 150 youth and children) from more than 30 countries, including a substantial number of English-speaking Dutch families. Our community is non-denominational, diverse, contemporary, passionate, grace-oriented and Christ-centered. We want to experience God’s love in a revolutionary, life-changing way and we want to bring that love to our city and to the world. More...