Minister to Children and Families
Covenant Community Church (Fairfield, OH)
The Minister to Children and Families serves the whole church by overseeing facilitating the Christian Education program for ages birth through 18 years, helping children and youth to know Jesus, grow spiritually, and equipping them to go out in
service to the world.
As part of a congregation which values families and the spiritual formation of young people, the
Minister to Children and Families must possess the knowledge and skills necessary for coordinating children and youth ministries. This person must demonstrate Christian maturity and eagerness to support the church’s vision. He/she must be available
and willing to work with other staff members and the leadership of CCC to align all ministries around the common purpose of making disciples.
The Minister to Children and Families serves part-time (20-25 hours per week) and receives compensation commensurate with their experience.
Personal Qualities Sought:
- Lives a consistent Christian witness
- Is compassionate, kind, genuine, and approachable
- Works well in a team environment
- Effectively manages and cares for volunteers of all ages
- Possesses knowledge of child and adolescent development, and can tailor curriculum to match the needs of various age groups
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills
- Actively pursues relationships with the congregation and community, with a special focus on engaging families with children living at home
- Is flexible, teachable, and able to adapt to changing situations
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal and conflict management skills
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with ministry heads to recruit, train, and schedule volunteers for Children and Youth programs (Nursery through 12th Grade).
- Implement Christian Formation classes and events for children and youth in alignment with the church’s mission to equip people to know Jesus, grow spiritually, and go out to serve others.
- Provide support and administration for church-wide initiatives (encompassing all age groups). (Examples of church-wide initiatives include 40 Days of Purpose, The Story, Believe, Emotionally Healthy Spirituality, etc)
- Provide regular opportunities for children and youth to connect with the larger church body through service and participation in Sunday Services, all-church events, and community service.
- Work with ministry heads and volunteers to plan and execute our yearly VBS program.
- Utilize connections with the Great Lakes Conference, the Evangelical Covenant Church, and other organizations to plan, coordinate, and organize special events and retreats for children and youth.
- 1-2 youth retreats each year for both Junior High and Senior High
- 1 family camp or junior camp per year
- Attend weekly staff meetings, monthly Council meetings, and Christian Formation committee meetings
- Provide Senior Pastor and Council with a monthly ministry report of activities and goals
- The Minister to Children and Families is accountable to the congregation and the Council for the fulfillment of their ministry responsibilities. The Council, on behalf of the congregation, conducts regular reviews of all staff members to ensure
alignment with church purposes.
- The Minister to Children and Families works with the Christian Formation Committee in the fulfillment of his/her duties.
The Senior Pastor of Covenant Community Church supervises all staff members. The
Minister to Children and Families reports directly to the Senior Pastor on a day-to-day basis