Crossings Community Church is a Christ-centered church that is passionate about reaching the community with the love of Jesus. Located in NW Oklahoma City, Crossings is a fast growing church that seeks to build Christ-centered people
through gathering together, focusing on Jesus, serving our city, and impacting our world.
LifeCare Ministry Administrative Assistant
(An “at-will” employment position)
Scope of Position:
The Programming Administrative Assistant shall provide clerical, organizational, and hospitality support for all assigned
LifeCare Ministry programming and special event offerings. As well, this position supports the departmental efforts to support, encourage, and cultivate each assigned program’s volunteers. This position provides backup to the Counseling
Ministry’s administration as needed, including desk coverage, phone duty, calendaring and scheduling, and client reception.
This position is a full-time 40 hour work week that includes regular evening and occasional week-end responsibility. This position interfaces with the LifeCare Ministry Staff; is supervised by the Lead Administrative Assistant;
and, ultimately reports to the LifeCare Pastor.
The position of Programming Administrative Assistant will include the following:
Programming and Events
- Co-ordinate with the assigned LC ministry staffer to provide administrative support to all aspects of each assigned
LC Ministry Programs. (Currently: “Care Series,” “Care Series LifeTools,” “Becoming One,” Wednesday night classes and special LC events.
- Manage all assigned LC program and event curriculum.
- Assist Ministry Lead in volunteer support by attending to their request and observed needs.
- Collect, track, and update attendance reports as well as prepare other reports as requested.
- Oversee and coordinate facilities usage and set-up for all assigned programs and special
- Oversee all aspects of hospitality for each assigned LC program/event as well as ongoing
departmental needs as requested.
- Provide on-site administrative and hospitality support to all assigned program events.
- Assist, prepare and oversee distribution of all marketing pieces, and PR releases for CR
and CRLT as requested.
- Maintain an accurate contact information list for inbound community referral sources.
- Assist in the preparations of related LifeCare submissions for church newsletter, Web site and any mailings.
- General office support as requested within time availability.
- Provide back-up assistance for telephone activity.
- Re-scheduling established counselees as needed.
- Other tasks as determined and assigned by the Lead Admin Assistant to fulfill the position.
- Assist in maintaining the highest possible ministry standards and professional ethics in accordance with the goals, purpose statement, and core values of Crossings Community Church.
- Support the leadership of CCC, contributing to the spirit of unity among the staff and congregation.
- Represent CCC in civic and ministry-related efforts as approved or requested.
- Any other tasks as may be assigned to fulfill the position.
Skills for Position:
The Administrative Assistant for Programming shall demonstrate the following:
- A mature walk with Christ, exhibiting the spiritual gifts of administration, hospitality, and helps.
- CCC membership, or, “good standing” membership within a like-minded faith community.
- Ability and experience to comfortably interact pastorally with others.
- Emotional maturity that would lend to skilled inter-relational communications.
- Consistent “pro-active” approach to a variety of inter-personal situations.
- Intuitive sensitivity to a clinical environment and extenuating issues, some of which include client confidentiality.
- Professional boundaries in dual relationships.
- High value and commitment to the understanding and implementation of standards of best practice for the clinical fields.
Work Ethic and Style -
- Both self-motivated and self-initiating with strong organizational skills.
- Efficient time management with consistent and accurate management of multiple detailed task demands to completion or maintenance.
- Offering positive office interaction while remaining on task and upholding office protocol.
- Ability to receive direction and correction and be flexible.
- Demonstrate organizational loyalty with an adaptable team approach to the ministry.
- Exhibit a professional demeanor.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds unassisted.
Work Skills -
- Demonstrate corporate office etiquette and sensitive telephone communication skills with educated speech and legible handwriting as essentials.
- Highly developed competency and speed in standard MS office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Quick aptitude for learning other software applications (ex. Fellowship One; Service U).
- Proficiency in writing and editing skills.
- Keyboard skills of 60 wpm and good ability with 10-key pad.
Education and Experience:
It’s desirable, though not required, that the Programming Administrative Assistant shall have:
- Completed a minimum of one year undergraduate work and/or vo-tech clerical training,
- Experience in event planning, organization, and execution,
- Professional background that holds familiarity with educational, agency, clinical or pastoral setting, and/or
- Sufficient life experiences that would lend to emotional maturity.