Technical Arts Director
- As a member of the Creative Arts Team, this role requires a person who has a passion for all aspects of the Technical Arts as it relates to the worship services and all on-campus programs/events and their associated systems (This includes, but is not limited
to audio, video and broadcast systems.) This position also must lead others who are either paid staff, or volunteers, to equip them in the work of the ministry. Expectations are to work well with deadlines, have excellent organizational skills, be efficiently
productive and thrive in a collaborative, dynamic, fun and constant bar-raising team environment. Serving the needs of those that use our A/V systems, and as a member of the Sunday morning experience, we must give God our best, and lead others to do so as
- Work with Senior Pastor, Creative Arts Pastor and Executive Pastor to carry out Riverbend’s mission statement thru worship services and associated technical arts needs for all events.
- Serve on the Creative Arts and Team
- Contribute to programming of weekend worship service’s creative elements
- Attend weekly meetings to review, generate ideas and plan for upcoming services from a technical perspective.
- Responsible for technical systems campus-wide – including large (main auditorium) and small (classrooms, etc.) venues:
- Maintenance and upkeep of all A/V equipment; Organize and keep up-to-date and/or clean:
- Audio systems including wireless systems, live and recording consoles, microphones, cables, outboard gear, etc.
- Video and broadcast systems including projectors, TV’s, broadcast equipment (switcher, shading station, robotic and manned cameras, media storage systems).
- Send back for repair items as needed in a prompt and cost-conscience manner.
- New purchases of A/V systems
- Research and suggest, and when authorized, purchase new equipment for the growing needs of the church campus-wide.
- Assure adherence to budget as assigned
- Stay current with trends and direction of current A/V Tech
- Attend relevant seminars, conferences as budget allows.
- Lead and shepherd talented and eager technical arts teams and their members in the various tech arts disciplines described above; serving and supporting all of RB’s programs and events and their A/V needs.
- Recruit, train, equip and schedule various team members – paid or volunteer - to take part in the professional and lay-ministry positions within the tech arts arena.
- Recruit volunteers to join the RB tech team from the congregation at-large and from within the Austin arts community.
- Develop and implement training and equipping opportunities for the team members to further our ministry reach, as well as equipping them for excellence.
- RB is also highly attuned to those wanting to take a next step in their ministry calling to lead teams/grow in their leadership skills while here, or elsewhere.
- Schedule team members; keep the schedule up-to-date and available at all times, and posted within a reasonable timeframe.
- Scheduling includes all A/V tech needs for RB events, funerals, weddings, etc.
- May delegate while still overseeing
- Shepherd team members as leader and Christian advocate in their lives.
- Refers Pastoral needs to CAT Pastor, or Worship Pastor as necessary.
- Attend monthly Riverbend staff meetings and all-staff events.
- Reports to Pastor of Creative Arts
Riverbend Church is a 2K+-sized, creative arts-loving, Austin-embracing church in the Westlake Hills one of the fastest-growing towns in the US. In addition to its primary purpose as a leading worship-focused church in the greater Austin area, Riverbend
has been known for championing all arts – with an emphasis on world-class music. Riverbend showcases local artists of all disciplines and is also a premiere performing arts venue.
This position will be best suited to a vocationally dedicated person with a collaborative spirit, professional attitude, current-culture awareness, and a clear calling to ministry in a Christ-centered atmosphere.
Check out our website, APP and social media for more details. (Vimeo page and APP contain references to who we are). Riverbend.com
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall
be. It is not intended to limit or any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties
not mentioned that are of similar kind or level of difficulty.