Alpharetta First United Methodist Church is seeking a full-time (40 hours/week) Communications Assistant to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment, providing communications support to the church and its ministries. The Communications
Assistant will report to the Communications Manager and work with other key staff and lay leaders to promote Alpharetta Methodist ministries, programs and worship opportunities to the church family and community. This position requires excellent communication
and organization skills, a sharp eye for detail, and the ability to manage multiple competing priorities. Responsibilities will include producing worship bulletins and other printed publications; weekly website updates; assisting with multimedia presentations
and digital signage; and other duties as required.
The qualified candidate should possess:
- A solid commitment to Jesus Christ.
- Professional level skill with desktop publishing and design software, specifically Adobe Creative Suite. Proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated proficiency in creative communications and writing.
- Experience with website management, specifically WordPress, and social media.
- Strong interpersonal skills to facilitate working with a wide range of individuals and groups. Energetic, flexible and team-player spirit.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent proofreading skills.
The candidate must have an associate’s degree in communications, marketing, graphic design or other related field, and two year’s related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
The selected individual will be expected to begin employment by July 18.
Résumé and salary requirements should be submitted by June 30 to René Watson, Minister of Administration, via e-mail to email@example.com; by mail to Alpharetta First United Methodist Church, Attn. René Watson, 69 North Main Street, Alpharetta, GA 30004; or by
fax to (770) 521-8787.