Pastor to Middle School Students & Parents
Paradise Christian and Missionary Alliance Church
Job Description (July, 2016)
Purpose: The purpose of the Ministry to Middle School Students (grades 6th – 8th) & Parents is to grow, equip Middle School students and their Parents in keeping with Christ’s Great Commission and Commandment, using the “Win, Build, Equip and Serve” strategy of Paradise Alliance Church. We know that in the development of a Middle Schooler’s growth, we need to affirm each student as a valued individual in Christ.
1. Must meet the qualifications of a spiritual leader as listed in I Tim. 3 and Titus 1.
2. Must have a testimony of his conversion experience and acceptance of Jesus Christ as his personal Savior.
3. Must have at least 5 years’ experience/involvement in ministry to Middle School students.
4. A minimum of a Bachelor Degree in a field of Biblical Studies is preferred.
5. Must be committed to the purposes, philosophies, and ministries of Paradise Alliance Church and the Christian & Missionary Alliance of America. Must be working in a timely manner toward licensing and ordination.
6. Must have strong administrative skills, willing to train, equip and delegate (Eph. 4:12-13), and be well organized.
7. Able to teach, build/grow, equip and lead Youth and Adults in Biblical truths.
8. Must be able to develop a vision and establish goals for ministry to Middle School students and their parents.
9. Must feel comfortable in counseling students and parents.
10. Maintain a vibrant personal relationship with God so that you can minister out of the overflow of that personal relationship and be a good role model for your students.
Responsibilities and Duties:
1.Always support the Lead Pastor of Paradise Alliance Church through your loyalty, your encouragement, and by taking on specific duties as they are assigned. Gain a clear understanding of the authority that the Lead Pastor has given you, and always keep him and the Executive Pastor informed of any significant undertakings or issues.
2.Always think of the needs of the congregation when planning and organizing for any specific Middle School ministries. Identify and act upon ideas that enable the church to operate more intentionally and, in doing so, to better fulfill the church’s vision. These ideas are likely to cut across church and generational boundaries.
3. General pastoral responsibilities including, but not limited to, teaching/preaching, baptisms, weddings, funerals, counseling, manage budget, equipping and mobilizing the ‘saints’, visitation, and collaboration with other ministries.
4. When planning ministry programs, sessions, events, etc., you will need to create value, capture the momentum, and sustain change for the purpose of maturating those involved. At the end of outreach events, mission trips or retreats, provide our Middle School students and parents with the next step (capture the momentum) for their spiritual journey.
5.Collaborate with various ministries for the purpose of ministering to Middle School students and parents.
6. Recruit and build up a Leadership Team, equipping them to serve, then mobilize them to do ministry (evangelism and discipleship). Must have an understanding of a delegating team approach as seen in Exodus 18, Acts 6, and Ephesians 4:11-12.
7. Assist your leadership team in recruitment, training, equipping and mobilizing leaders, teachers and helpers for our Middle School ministry (annual training sessions).
8.Develop, oversee, and delegate relational small group ministries.
9.Develop, oversee, and delegate outreach and fellowship events.
10.Develop, oversee, and delegate seasonal camping, missions, and retreat ministries.
11.Affirm Middle School students as they grow emotionally, physically, mentally, and spiritually.
12.Teach and train students on the meaning and application of service within the church as well as out into the community.
13.Be faithful and committed to the whole of Paradise Alliance Church. Active in attendance to Sunday Services, participating when asked or needed.
14.Train and equip students and parents towards a Biblical lifestyle at home.
15.Prepare students and their parents for the transition into High School after 8th grade graduation.
Reports to the Executive & Lead Pastors
Complete Application Packets Include:
- Completed Application
- Cover Letter
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
Email email@example.com to receive an application.
Job opening closes on July 5, 2016
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Youth PastorGrace Point Church
- Newtown, Pennsylvania
- October 20
Youth/ music PastorScappoose Foursquqre
- Scappoose, Oregon
- October 20
Student PastorChristian Faith Center
- Nampa, Idaho
- October 20
Associate Student PastorFBC Midlothian
- Midlothian, Texas
- October 20
Pastor Of Junior High FamiliesCrossRoads Church
- Red Deer County, Alberta
- October 19