Job Profile – Minister to Students
- To win, train and send the next generation,
- To strengthen the body of Christ,
- To share the gospel with as many people as possible.
“Unselfishly making a measurable IMPACT in our church,
our community and our world.”
In Januray 2015, implementation of a 3-year strategic plan, titled IMPACT 2017, brought tangible goals to the vision of Cornerstone Baptist Church. The three major emphases are:
- to see 217 new believers come to faith in Christ
- to engage 217 new members in our small group ministry
- to send 217 of our church family to serve outside the walls of the church
We are currently searching for the right person to serve on our ministry team in the role of
Minister to Students. This person will report directly to the Senior Pastor and work under his authority and supervision. Cornerstone uses a Team Ministry approach with our staff, where each staff member is equally valued and heard,
with the level of responsibility and authority determined by ministry position, experience and competency. The
Minister to Students will therefore play a very important role in promoting the overall spiritual health of the church, by focusing time and ministry work to students from sixth grade through college & career.
About Cornerstone Baptist Church
Cornerstone was birthed in February of 2003, and after almost 13+ years has grown to a present membership of approximately 1,000 people. In 2007 the church purchased 20 acres of property and built a new campus that can seat approximately 800 chairs. In
October of 2012 we launched a satellite campus in Beverly Hills, Florida which is located approximately 12 miles from our main campus. We have also participated in helping with other “church starts”.
We place a high emphasis on Next Generation Ministries (Children and Students) and on Missions Involvement. Our church body welcomes, encourages, and generously funds a dynamic student ministry to teens and their families. We currently have a dedicated
team of 18 adult youth lay leaders who lead small groups on Sunday mornings and Wednesday nights. Each of these leaders are called by God to this ministry and commit to the giving of their time and talents for one semester at a time.
Cornerstone’s main campus has a student worship area that is 3200 sq ft and is located on the west side of the building. We have 4 adjacent classrooms, an excellent sound system and lighting, a pool table, carpet ball table, ping pong table, and foosball
table. There are 2 outdoor pavilions with basketball goals, a portable volleyball net and attached bathrooms. Other elements on the property are: outdoor ropes course, gaga ball pit, red clay baseball field with backstop and storage that houses a canoe
trailer and 8 Old Town 17’ canoes with paddles and life jackets.
Cornerstone is known as a faithful and generous friend to our community who welcomes other organizations to the property and encourages service to the community as a whole. Because of this, we currently have an open door in public and private school campuses
and participate in FCA (Fellowship of Christian Athletes) and other events in both our middle and high schools. We believe Cornerstone’s positive image in Citrus County will bring our most exciting days of growth and IMPACT in the near future.
Due to the large senior adult population, our county has the fifth oldest median age in the United States. Our public school system is ranked #4 in the state of Florida and is a tremendous benefit to our lifestyle. We are directly across the street from
Citrus High School and Inverness Primary School and within a mile of Inverness Middle School and Pleasant Grove Elementary. This gives us the incredible position of having 4,000 public school students within a 2 mile range.
We are currently looking for a candidate to satisfy the following requirements, expectations, and responsibilities…
Candidate Profile and Position Requirements:
- One who loves Jesus, exhibits a personal and growing relationship with God, and has a teachable and cooperative spirit
- One who loves the local church and has a strong work ethic with a “whatever it takes” mentality
- One who is gifted and called to youth ministry, loves young people, and has a passion for evangelism and outreach, both personally and at the ministry level
- One who is a planner and can manage projects with excellence
- If married and with children, one who has a healthy marriage, a supportive spouse, and is intentional in spiritual teaching and training.
Formal theological education is not required, but preferred. The candidate must have a proven history of effective and consistent involvement in a local church.
Goals & Expectations:
- Be a team player - This is an important part of our DNA as a church and as a staff who work sacrificially and unselfishly together.
- Be an evangelist to students and their families – This is vital to the work of equipping and training both students and student leaders to regularly share their faith in Jesus Christ.
- Be a leader who can design and lead a strategic discipleship process that is consistent with our mission statement – This will include implementing programs that encourage discipleship, service, and missions that will prayerfully produce student and adult
leaders who are bold disciples.
- Be a learner and a teacher of God’s Word – This includes being strong in written and verbal communication, able to explain, teach, and equip students to live a life of Biblical truth and faith in a broken world.
- Be able to counsel and give spiritual direction to volunteers, students, and parents on an individual basis.
- Be a communicator to students and parents of goals and ongoing programs and activities – This will keep parents informed and updated on ministry strategies in a way that encourages parental partnership and accountability.
- Provide office hours that make yourself available to students, lay leaders, church members, and other staff members as needed. (Our Church Office is open Monday - Thursday from 9:00 am - 4:00 pm and on Friday from 9:00 am - 1:00 pm.) There is flexibility
in setting a daily schedule, but because this is a salaried position, some circumstances will require more than a 40 hour work week
- Participate in weekly staff meetings and strategic planning sessions as scheduled
- Present a yearly youth budget proposal
- Be involved weekly with FCA in our middle and high schools, which will give rise to incredible opportunities of ministry on school campuses
- Participate in training conferences, retreats and conventions as appropriate for your position
Salary / Benefits Package:
- Salary and Benefits are designed to be competitive in amount and scope for a church of our size in our region.
- Your package will be negotiated with you personally to meet the needs of your individual family. The church does offer health insurance with the premiums paid by the church as one option for that package.
- You will receive at least 2 weeks of paid vacation, with an increase based on ministry experience and years of service.
All interested parties should submit a resume’ to:
Bradley Looper, Worship Pastor / Church Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are available to talk to you by telephone at 352-726-7335 if you have questions. You will also be asked to provide references we can contact during the process.