The Pastor of Junior High School Ministries at Calvary Community Church provides exceptional
spiritual, visionary, value-driven leadership for the students, families, and congregational
leadership of the junior high school-aged population of CCC in a manner consistent with the
purpose, focus, priorities and values as expressed in the CCC Strategic Ministry Plan.
1. Ministry experience with junior high school students, and an understanding of today’s
culture, with the ability to function and communicate the Gospel within it. Understands
Postmodernism, Millennials, and Moral Therapeutic Deism.
2. Strong character with good judgment; exceptional interpersonal relational skills; team
3. Spiritual gift-mix of leadership, teaching, and pastoring.
4. Teachable and growing in your knowledge of Scripture, hermeneutics, and systematic
5. Ability to teach the Word effectively, and teachable about growing in communication
skills. Preaching experience in the main adult services is preferred, but not required.
7. Proven desire and ability to equip, empower and release adult volunteers to work with
8. Strong administrative skills.
9. Postgraduate degree preferred, in Bible, theology or ministry.
10. Open to ordination within two years of employment. We do not require ordination for
this position. However we do believe that such a process clarifies beliefs and enhances
creditability among the congregation.
1. Be a role model – live an exemplary life of wholehearted devotion to Jesus Christ.
2. Be an architect – design a comprehensive, relevant, purposeful and innovative ministry.
3. Be a leader -- provide strong, passionate, value-based leadership and direction.
4. Be a strategist -- develop and implement an aggressive and innovative strategy for
reaching high school students in Manteca (man-TEEK-uh), Lathrop (LAY-thrup) and
5. Be an equipper -- multiply yourself by identifying, equipping, and releasing students
and adults to serve and lead in different ministry opportunities.
6. Be a coach -- value, care for, and hold accountable both paid and volunteer staff within
7. Be a developer -- provide a staffing structure that efficiently achieves ministry objectives
and creates an environment in which each staff member can grow to his/her fullest
8. Be an administrator -- hold regular planning, coordinating, problem-solving, and/or
decision-making meetings with paid and volunteer staff. Review or formulate
appropriate policies and procedures.
9. Be an evaluator -- evaluate continually all ongoing programs to ensure that they are
consistent with Vision and Strategy of CCC.
10. Be a team player -- provide the Lead Pastor with regular ministry reports that accurately
reflect the status of all key ministry areas, taking into account the Annual Ministry Plans
and budget objectives.
11. Be a shepherd -- plan an effective transitional strategy to assist individuals entering and
exiting the high school-phase of life.
12. Be teachable and accountable – select an annual Parent Advisory Team, which gathers
quarterly to give input, encourage and review future plans. This team will be supportive
and positive, not antagonistic or critical.
The Additional Ministry Responsibilities:
1. Participate in other ministries, such as worship services, special events, etc., as
2. Attend staff meetings, functions and retreats; including all “5 Star” CCC events, as
described by the Lead Pastor.
Reports to: Lead Pastor
Works with: Pastor of High School Ministries, Pastor of Young Adults, Parent Advisory Team
Supervises: Student Ministries Administrative Assistant, Interns and Volunteers
Member of: Pastoral Team
The Pastoral Team positions can designate a weekly day off on either Monday or Friday.
Typical office hours are 9:00-5:00; however each pastoral team member is to make a weekly
commitment of 40-45 hours. While we want you to be present and available, we also realize
you need to distribute those hours away from the office, and during times when the office is
closed (nights and Saturdays).
The Ministry Evaluation:
There will be an Annual Review based on this Ministry Description and CCC’s Annual Ministry Plans.
Where and What:
Calvary Community Church is located in Manteca, a growing city (70,000 and climbing), in the
middle of California’s great, agriculturally rich Central Valley. Manteca is 75 miles east of San
Francisco, 65 miles south of Sacramento, and it takes less than three hours to get to Tahoe or
Yosemite. CCC is one of the bigger churches in the area, averaging 900 in our Sunday worship
services. Calvary has a large youth building, equipped with a kitchen and storage area.
Currently, 20 junior highers attend each week. Lord willing, with new
vision and new leaders, grow to a size that fits the scale of Calvary and more effectively reaches
our community. There are 10 leaders devoted to working with junior high students. We’re eager for a new season of ministry to junior high schoolers, and all of the pieces are in place.
Calvary’s PRIORITIES are Evangelism, Training, Mentoring, Care, Prayer and Sacrifice. Calvary’s
VALUES are Scripture, Forgiveness, Intentional Inclusion, Intergenerational [ministry],
Excellence, Innovation, Margin and Fun. Calvary’s website is www.calvarymanteca.org.
How To Apply:
Please send the following items to email@example.com:
- Your resume.
- A link to a video or audio sample of your preaching/teaching.
- A picture of yourself and your family.