The primary role of the Worship Pastor is to provide vision, planning, execution, and infusion of worship into the everyday culture of Fondren Church.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Vision & Leadership
- Seek Christ, be a student of His word, and allow the Holy Spirit to guide the vision of the worship through Fondren Church
- Be a shepherd to those who serve and participate within the ministry
- Work with and on-behalf-of the leadership of Fondren Church to ensure the mission, vision, and values of Fondren Church are upheld
- Develop a leadership team that assists in casting vision and supports the overall implementation of the ministry
- Recruit, develop, and empower other leaders to confidently lead worship
- Create a small and diverse worship team that speaks into the vision with creative ways Fondren Church can worship through the arts – musical arts, visual arts, etc.
- Lead weekly rehearsals with musicians, vocalists, and audio/video/media teams to ensure the weekend services are enhanced and to mitigate any possible distractions.
- Recruit, train, schedule, supervise, and development a team to execute all aspects of worship/arts ministry – vocalists, instrumentalists, sound, audio, lighting, and video engineers.
- Schedule and oversee all aspects of the volunteers who assist during worship- musicians, vocalists, audio/video, and media
- Accurately manage the Worship Ministry budget
- Look for on-going opportunities to explore what others are doing in that space and for additional training and development in these specific areas
- Work as the liaison between Fondren Church and Woodland related to the worship center and all related components
Competencies, Experience and Education: To perform this role successfully, an individual must have the diverse skill-set to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily including but not limited to:
- Mature Christ-follower
- Able to work closely with the staff and leaders of Fondren Church to carry out the mission and uphold the values of Fondren Church
- Warm, personable, energetic, loving, and caring demeanor
- Well-organized and self-directed
- A team player
- Capable of working with a diverse and growing congregation
- Proven leadership skills
- Experienced and passionate about worship and its various components
- Able to organize and execute ideas, systems, and processes.
- Possess strong communication skills, both orally and written.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Five years of experience in ministry preferred
Other Duties as Assigned
ALL SUBMISSIONS MUST CONTAIN VIDEO (EMBEDDED OR LINKED) OF LEADING.