Associate Pastor – Adult Discipleship
Summary Description: In accordance with the teaching of scripture the Pastor of Adult Discipleship is a male (1 Timothy 2:12-15; 3:1-7) who serves on the pastoral staff and is responsible for implementing the 4E Discipleship Strategy that
connects adults of all ages and at all stages of their spiritual formation. This furthers our mission to glorify God by making fully devoted disciples of Jesus Christ. This includes fostering a small group culture where the people are led to Exalt God, Equip
the Saints, Engage Gifts, and Evangelize the Lost.
Hours: Full Time
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Schedule and work location:
Four days during the work week primarily in the office and Sunday. Days in office during work week to be determined and managed by Senior Pastor. In addition, attendance at relevant meetings, one-on-one coaching, and events is required.
4E Discipleship Strategy Implementation
- Oversee all of the adult small group ministries including campus & home community groups and gender-based small groups, which assist our leaders/teachers in growing disciples, along with building stronger marriages, families, etc.
- Collaborate with senior pastor, staff, Elder Board, and lay leaders to integrate the 4E Discipleship Strategy into CBC.
- Coach groups to be intentionally holistic in that they provide application-based teaching, intentional care and fellowship, and regular outreach opportunities for outreach (service and evangelism).
- Collaborate with Elders and small group leaders to define the scope and sequence of biblical teaching in tune with the spiritual needs of each group
- Create an equipping culture within our volunteer leaders, where training of our teams and being intentional about “leader reproduction” is the norm.
- Identify and develop new small group leaders through one on one meetings and creating development opportunities for the new leaders.
- Manage small group budgets and resources in conjunction with the Deacon Board.
- Develop the lay leaders of small groups, building their ministry capabilities, holding them accountable for their 4E Discipleship Strategy, and ministering to them as a pastor.
- Design and execute a regular data-driven assessment of the ministry.
- Continuously research ministry best practices and apply to improve the ministry’s effectiveness.
- Conduct a deliberate set of activities to strengthen personal health in spirit, mind, and body.
- Preach once a quarter or as necessary due to unexpected absences
- Be available to meet with those who request to meet with a Pastor
- Visit those who need pastoral care (i.e. shut-ins, prison, nursing homes, hospital visits)
- Perform weddings and funerals
- Perform pastoral duties in congregational ordinances (i.e. baptisms and communion)
- Serves on Official Board and Elder Board
Office Staff Team Member
- Attend weekly staff meetings and prayer times on Wednesday mornings
- Communicate in a professional and Christ-like manner with office staff and lay ministry teams
- Be prepared at all times to share the gospel of Jesus Christ and pray with anyone you encounter as a member of the CBC staff.
Gifts, skills, and passion
- Embraces CBC’s doctrinal views with instincts that match CBC’s ministry philosophy and a good fit with the overall ministry team.
- Strong theological and doctrinal understanding.
- Proven experience building and leading small groups in a church of at least 250 attendees.
- Exhibits a spiritual maturity and balance in his personal life that is based on maintaining a private devotional time of study, self-examination, prayer; physical exercise and mentoring, and confirmed by a Spirit-filled walk, godly home life, a love of
people, and humility in service to others.
- Possess a broad knowledge related to small groups, discipling, mentoring, assimilation and leadership development.
- A proven team player with demonstrated leadership skills that can coach, direct, inspire, and empower volunteer leadership teams on several different levels.
- A person with an equipping heart of a coach who is more interested in seeing other people have great ministry than he is in others seeing him do great ministry.
- Possesses the heart, intention and ability to conduct CBC’s 4E Discipleship Strategy by providing pastoral oversight and leadership as he develops and directs lay volunteers to equip small groups of people in the congregation.
Direct Reports: None.
Education Requirements: Seminary Degree Required (M. Div. strongly preferred)
Experience Requirements: Minimum 3 years of experience as a pastor/chaplain with proven track record of discipleship.
Visit our website www.calvarybiblechurchnj.org to read our Statement of Faith and find out more about our church.
If interested in applying, please complete the questionnaire below and forward it, your current resume and your salvation testimony to firstname.lastname@example.org
2016 Pastoral Candidate Survey
- Contact Information
PLEASE COMPLETE IN ENTIRETY:
- Please indicate your agreement or concerns with the Statement of Faith for Calvary Bible Church.
- Do you hold to a dispensational interpretation of scripture?
- Please explain your doctrinal views on each of these topics (Please complete entirely):
- The Bible.
- The Trinity.
- God the Father.
- The Lord Jesus Christ.
- The Holy Spirit.
- The Eternal Security and Assurance of Salvation.
- Separation (Ecclesiastical and Personal)
- The Church.
- The personality of Satan.
- Believer’s Water Baptism.
- The Lord’s Supper.
- The ministry and spiritual gifts:
1) What is your belief regarding the purpose of spiritual gifts?
2) What spiritual gifts do you possess?
3) What is your belief regarding prophecy, signs and wonders, tongues, and miracles?
4) What is your belief regarding the role of men and women in the local church ministry?
- What is your position on the recent movement in churches becoming ‘seeker sensitive’?
- What do you believe God’s plan is for Israel?
- How would you implement a church-wide discipleship process for adults?
- Are your wife and family fully supportive of your plans?
- Please provide your Testimony.
- Anything else that we should know?