Time Commitments: This is a full time salaried position 45-50 hours per week, with the salary and benefits set by the Church Board.
1. The Associate Pastor of Student Ministries is called to his position by a vote of the membership and is accountable to the Senior Pastor or the Senior Pastor’s designee.
2. The Associate Pastor of Student Ministries is to maintain a collaborative and collegial working relationship with the Ministry Staff.
3. The Associate Pastor of Student Ministries is responsible to supervise all ministry for 6th to 12th grade students and Student Ministries staff and volunteers.
1. Serve as a pastor to the Church
- Demonstrate ownership for and effectiveness in communicating and fulfilling the church’s
vision, mission, focus, culture, statement of faith and doctrinal distinctive
- Serve as a member of the pastoral staff providing spiritual guidance to the congregation by
participating in weddings, funerals, hospital visitation, teaching, and preaching as directed by
the Senior Pastor.
- Lead the congregation through modeling to participate in Sunday worship, to take the next
step in discipleship and to cultivate a lifestyle of service.
- Keep the congregation informed about Student Ministries through the weekly program and
2. Collaborate with the Ministry Staff
- Participate in all staff meetings and supervisory meetings
- Coordinate all Student Ministries’ activities with the Ministry Staff and Church Calendar
- Develop ministry plans, determine initiatives, and set goals that are integrated with and
advance the cause of the overall church
- Monitor and give account for Student Ministries’ budget, attendance, initiatives, and goals
3. Serve as the leader of Student Ministries
- Serves as the primary representative of Student Ministries to the church, denomination and
- Recruit and train volunteers, both adults and students, to help carry out the initiatives and
goals of Student Ministries
- Schedule and maintain regular team meetings with volunteers for the purpose of team
development and spiritual growth
- Send regular communications to parents and students that inform, update, and provide
opportunities for involvement as valued team members
4. Provide opportunities for discipleship and service among students
- Coordinate and schedule large group and small group opportunities for discipleship
- Recruit and supervise the selection of volunteer teachers and small group leaders and
provide them with ongoing training and accountability
- Develop a discipleship scope and sequence using established outcomes and select
theologically sound curriculum to support these outcomes
- Coordinate and schedule service opportunities for large group, small group, and individuals
in the church and community
1. Personal faith in Jesus Christ and an authentic life style consistent with that faith
2. Personal sense of calling to the position of Associate Pastor of Student Ministries and to delegate ministry responsibilities to qualified individuals in order to maximize ministry impact.
3. Agreement with the Evangelical Free Church statement of faith
4. Education and experience consistent with or complimentary to the job description
5. Verifiable spiritual gifts and skills in teaching, mentoring, collaborative leadership, strategic thinking and team building.
1. Desire and ability to work in a values driven, goal oriented ministry
2. Willingness to be accountable and transparent within the established organizational structure
3. Ability to work well with other staff and volunteer team members in a collaborative environment characterized by a loving, submissive and teachable attitude toward one another.
4. Theology and personal convictions compatible with the existing church leadership
5. Commitment to ongoing personal, professional and spiritual development
6. Commitment to regular worship attendance and participation in church wide activities
7. Commitment to membership and participation in Crossroads Church with time, talent and treasure