Job type: Part time to Full Time position (pending on availability and scoop of ministry assignment)
Tacoma Central Presbyterian Church of Lakewood, WA is seeking a Director of Children’s Ministries. The Director will be a person who is a mature and growing Christian, who has 3 or more years of experience working in Children’s Ministry or a related field
of education, who loves children and is passionate about them coming to know the Lordship of Jesus. A Bachelor’s degree is required, seminary or bible college education is preferred but not required. Interested candidates should submit their resume and any
questions via email.
The Minister of Children will plan, coordinate, implement, and evaluate all children's programs and events. This ministry position will enlist and train volunteers and leadership, working with PTA, as well as being responsible for programs including: SundayWorship
& Small Groups, Friday Kids Club, Kids Discipleship Training School (Seasonal), Summer Vacation Bible School, Christmas Celebration and Fall Festival.
1. Enlist, train, and provide resources for leadership in Friday Kids Club, Kids DTS, VBS and any other programs related to Children's Ministry.
2. Serve as or assist the Vacation Bible School director. Work with office staff to assist volunteers in set-up and clean up. Organize promotion efforts for VBS throughout our church and community.
3. Work with the Minister of Education, Preschool Coordinator, and Children's Ministry volunteers to select and purchase program curriculum and supplies for preschool and children's ministries.
4. Organize and plan outreach activities focused on families. (e.g., Easter Celebration/Party, Fall Festival, and Christmas Musical/Pageant)
5. Preaching the gospel and teaching children how to pray and grow in intimate authentic relationship with Jesus.
6. Supervise and assist the Preschool Coordinator in enlisting and training volunteers for Early Teaching Care.
7. Work with the Preschool Coordinator to update and maintain the preschool and children's policies. Also evaluate and maintain our safety and security policies and programs. This includes background forms, interviews, and background checks, as well as
ensuring that anyone who uses our facilities is following our preschool and children's policies.
8. Stay informed on current childhood education trends. Be aware of contemporary issues as they relate to preschoolers and children. As time and budget permits, attend seminars, conferences and workshops to improve educational and professional skills.
9. Attend staff meetings weekly. Work with the other staff members as a team and connecting with the parents and PTA directors.
10. Work with the leaders of Education Committee (an Elder & a Deacon) in developing a budget for the preschool and children ministries.
11. Perform other duties as assigned or as needed.
B.A. required and seminary education preferred.
English required, and Korean fluency preferred.
At least three years of experience working in Children's Ministry.
Ministry experience in a Korean immigrant church.