Grace Fellowship Church, an exciting, growing, multi-site church in suburban Albany, NY is seeking a Children’s Ministry Director for our Greenbush location with 340 people in weekly attendance. Our goal is to develop and nurture an environment where children
are encouraged to explore or grow in their personal relationship with Jesus by providing a relevant, fun, creative, exciting and Jesus focused weekend Kids’ Celebration experience.
Responsibilities will include:
- Work with the Lead Pastor to determine vision and direction of the Children’s Ministry.
- Empowered to make decisions and meet challenges within the Children’s Ministry.
- Cast vision, inspire, motivate, and support volunteers and families in the goals of the ministry.
- Recruit, train, mentor, and develop leaders who will also develop others, building for future growth.
- Be present and oversee the Sunday Kids’ Celebration services.
- Create a Jesus focused culture which emphasizes service and applies Biblical truths to everyday life.
- Develop healthy leaders who will also develop others as we build for future growth.
- Seek opportunities to grow as a leader as well as opportunities to always be improving the children’s ministry.
- Choose, organize, manage curriculum for the ministry.
We are looking for an authentic, caring, flexible, theologically minded and administratively gifted person, who believes a great children’s ministry can contribute to making more and better disciples. A love for children is a must. Candidate should be an
experienced leader, a developer of people, a team player and someone who is self-motivated.
Required experience: Leadership in children’s ministry or director role: 3 years
Preferred but not required: Bible/theological education
Required education: Bachelor’s