Union Chapel Ministries is seeking a Full-Time Youth Pastor to lead Oneighty, our Youth Ministry. The leadership of the youth department is comprised of two other full-time youth ministry staff (Oneighty Associate Pastor and Oneighty Administrator), a part-time intern, and 50+ adult volunteers. Union Chapel is located in Muncie, Indiana and has a weekend worship attendance of 1250. Our youth ministry averages 175 students and meets in our 35,000 square foot Oneighty building. The Oneighty Pastor oversees all ministries and programming for 6th – 12th grade students and is a vital player on Union Chapel’s “Orange Team” providing age-specific programming driven by Reggie Joiner’s Orange Ministry Strategy.
Why you might want to consider this job – written by the guy currently doing it…
After 17 years on staff with Oneighty, I’m transitioning to work with adults at Union Chapel. Here are a few reasons why this is an amazing place to serve in youth ministry…
- If you are called and gifted to be a youth pastor, you will be given freedom to lead and make a difference.
- Our Senior Pastor and Senior Leadership are fully supportive of reaching the next generation.
- Our Children’s and Youth ministry departments work closely with one another and partner with parents for maximum ministry impact.
- Our youth ministry just received a $30,000 grant to be spent on youth ministry initiatives in the next 18 months.
- Oneighty has a strong presence and ongoing partnership with many of our area schools and community organizations.
Lead the Oneighty staff in planning, developing, and providing ministry to youth with the goal of reaching youth for Christ, teaching them to live like Christ, and launching them into the world to make a difference.
We are looking for someone who…
- Practices authentic Christian values both publicly and privately
- Has a passion for reaching youth with the Gospel
- Always looks to improve efforts and effectiveness
- Will positively relate to students, parents, adults, and leaders in our community
- Takes initiative and can lead and oversee a team with humility
- Can clearly teach and illustrate Biblical concepts to middle and high school students
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the vision and planning of all youth ministry events and programs at Union Chapel.
- Coordinate services and speak on Sunday nights at Oneighty Ministry.
- Lead Oneighty’s Architect Program (12 Jr/Sr Student Leaders) who lead 60+ other student leaders.
- Coordinate ministry/office logistics (budgets, communications, event planning, etc.)
- Provide oversight and development to the Oneighty Staff and Volunteer Team.
Candidates must have hands-on experience working with and teaching students in a youth ministry setting. We prefer a minimum of two years of experience in a similar leadership responsibility serving in a church or para-church ministry. The ideal applicant will have experience leading teams of adults, coordinating youth mission trips, managing a church budget, and overseeing a paid staff team. A high school degree is required and completion of a Bachelor’s degree or more is preferred.
Please send an email with the following to Chrissy Bright at Bright@unionchapel.com
- Cover Letter and Resume
- Links to video demonstrating your preaching and teaching abilities
- (optional) A 2-3 minute video introducing yourself to our search team
More information on Union Chapel and Oneighty can be found at www.unionchapel.com and www.180Muncie.com
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Student and Outreach PastorFirst Baptist Church Gulfport
- Gulfport, Mississippi
- December 3
Youth Director/PastorGrace Covenant Church
- Olympia, Washington
- December 2
Director of Teen MinistryLutheran Church of the Resurre
- Granite Bay, California
- December 2
Scottsdale Bible Church - Student Ministry PastorVanderbloemen Search Group
- Scottsdale, Arizona
- December 2
Worship PastorChurch of the Way
- Auburn, Georgia
- December 1
Union Chapel Ministries
Every church needs a solid philosophical base upon which to build its life and ministry. We must continually remind ourselves what the Church is and what the Church is for. We believe the Church is a FELLOWSHIP and a FORCE! Here at UC we embrace the Church in community and the Church in mission.More...