Summary of Role:
The Early Childhood Director is responsible for the overall organization and implementation of the Early Childhood program (birth through pre-K) for all weekend services, weekly programs, and special events. The position involves recruiting, training, supervising,
and empowering volunteers to implement a loving and safe environment for newborns, toddlers, and preschoolers at Mission Hills Church.
Weekly and/or Regular Responsibilities:
- Be available to organize and serve as a resource for volunteers during the services (Does not teach during the service unless an emergency arises)
- Recruit and schedule children’s volunteers
- Recruit and schedule childcare personnel for all church events such as Partnership classes, Connect Lunches, monthly Nights of Prayer and Worship, women’s Bible study, MOPS
- Provide and ensure a safe children’s environment
- Investigate, consider, and choose curriculum---periodically
- Equip and train teachers (materials, crafts, etc.)
- Look for creative ways to “raise the bar” in the Early Childhood program
- Work with Elementary Director in order to provide a cohesive experience for children at Mission Hills
- Meet and form relationships with parents and their children
- Assist with periodic special children’s ministry events
- Attend one staff meeting a month
- Attend a weekly children’s ministry meeting with supervisor
- Other duties as assigned
- Has a growing relationship with Jesus Christ, exemplified by a life of love, faith, obedience, and surrender (Galatians 5 and the Spirit-filled life of Jesus Christ).
- Whole-heartedly supports and models the calling of Mission Hills Church.
- Regularly attends weekend services.
- Pursues relationships with non-believers outside of church.
- Relates and works well with church staff and lay leadership.
- Has strong organizational, communication, and administrative skills.
- Is multi-task capable, hard-working, and efficient.
- Is a continuous learner (current magazine articles, books and conferences).
General Staff Responsibilities:
- Be an integral part of the overall staff, understanding that what each contributes impacts the whole.
- As required, participate in staff meetings and retreats.
- Contribute to the spiritual growth of the ministry staff/team.
- Develop healthy relationships with the staff (is not isolated).
- Deal with each staff member and volunteer with grace, tact, respect and the heart of a servant.
- Pursue a spirit of unity, peace, and encouragement of the ministry staff/team.