Summary of Role:
The Early Childhood Director is responsible for the overall organization and implementation of the Early Childhood program (birth through pre-K) for all weekend services, weekly programs, and special events. The position involves recruiting, training, supervising, and empowering volunteers to implement a loving and safe environment for newborns, toddlers, and preschoolers at Mission Hills Church.
Weekly and/or Regular Responsibilities:
- Be available to organize and serve as a resource for volunteers during the services (Does not teach during the service unless an emergency arises)
- Recruit and schedule children’s volunteers
- Recruit and schedule childcare personnel for all church events such as Partnership classes, Connect Lunches, monthly Nights of Prayer and Worship, women’s Bible study, MOPS
- Provide and ensure a safe children’s environment
- Investigate, consider, and choose curriculum---periodically
- Equip and train teachers (materials, crafts, etc.)
- Look for creative ways to “raise the bar” in the Early Childhood program
- Work with Elementary Director in order to provide a cohesive experience for children at Mission Hills
- Meet and form relationships with parents and their children
- Assist with periodic special children’s ministry events
- Attend one staff meeting a month
- Attend a weekly children’s ministry meeting with supervisor
- Other duties as assigned
- Has a growing relationship with Jesus Christ, exemplified by a life of love, faith, obedience, and surrender (Galatians 5 and the Spirit-filled life of Jesus Christ).
- Whole-heartedly supports and models the calling of Mission Hills Church.
- Regularly attends weekend services.
- Pursues relationships with non-believers outside of church.
- Relates and works well with church staff and lay leadership.
- Has strong organizational, communication, and administrative skills.
- Is multi-task capable, hard-working, and efficient.
- Is a continuous learner (current magazine articles, books and conferences).
General Staff Responsibilities:
- Be an integral part of the overall staff, understanding that what each contributes impacts the whole.
- As required, participate in staff meetings and retreats.
- Contribute to the spiritual growth of the ministry staff/team.
- Develop healthy relationships with the staff (is not isolated).
- Deal with each staff member and volunteer with grace, tact, respect and the heart of a servant.
- Pursue a spirit of unity, peace, and encouragement of the ministry staff/team.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Senior Pastor (767612)The Shepherd's Staff
- USA Southeast, Florida
- October 24
West Campus Children's Ministry CoordinatorCalvary Church
- St. Peters, Missouri
- October 24
Director of Children's MinistryStrongsville United Methodist Church
- Strongsville, Ohio
- October 24
Children's Ministry DirectorCapshaw Baptist Church
- Harvest, Alabama
- October 21
Children's Ministry Director/PastorCornwall Church
- Bellingham, Washington
- October 20
Mission Hills Church
At Mission Hills Church, we live for God's pleasure by SERVING those who don't know Christ, and STRENGTHENING those who do. God calls us to love our community with simple acts of service. We hope these simple acts lead many people to believe that God loves them. God also calls us to strengthen one another’s faith in Him. As ordinary people, we journey together to better understand, follow, and connect to God.More...