Summary of Role:
The Elementary Director is responsible for the overall organization and implementation of the Elementary program ( K-4th) for all weekend services. The position involves recruiting, training, supervising, and empowering volunteers to implement
Christ-centered, biblical, faith-building programming for children at Mission Hills Church.
Weekly and/or Regular Responsibilities:
- Organize and be a resource for volunteers during the services (Does not teach during the service unless an emergency arises)
- Provide leadership and community to volunteers in the Elementary Ministry
- Organize and lead quarterly training times for your team of leaders
- Oversee the recruitment, training process, and schedule of weekly volunteers
- Organize all materials and supplies for the Elementary area
- Provide and ensure a safe children’s environment
- Look for creative ways to “raise the bar” in the Children’s Ministry program
- Investigate, consider and choose curriculum --- periodically
- Work with Early Childhood Director in order to provide a cohesive experience for children at Mission Hills
- Meet and form relationships with parents and their children
- MHC Staff Point person for AWANA ministry
- Organize and execute periodic special children’s ministry events such as summer VBS
- Attend one staff meeting a month
- Attend a weekly children’s ministry meeting with supervisor
- Other duties as assigned
- Has a growing relationship with Jesus Christ, exemplified by a life of love, faith, obedience, and surrender (Galatians 5 and the Spirit-filled life of Jesus Christ).
- Whole-heartedly supports and models the calling of Mission Hills Church.
- Regularly attends weekend services.
- Pursues relationships with non-believers outside of church.
- Relates and works well with church staff and lay leadership.
- Has strong organizational, communication, and administrative skills.
- Is multi-task capable, hard-working, and efficient.
- Is a continuous learner (current magazine articles, books and conferences).
General Staff Responsibilities:
- Be an integral part of the overall staff, understanding that what each contributes impacts the whole.
- As required, participate in staff meetings and retreats.
- Contribute to the spiritual growth of the ministry staff/team.
- Develop healthy relationships with the staff (is not isolated).
- Deal with each staff member and volunteer with grace, tact, respect and the heart of a servant.
- Pursue a spirit of unity, peace, and encouragement of the ministry staff/team.