Sunset Presbyterian Church has a rich history spanning more than 50 years. Strategically located near the active northwest suburbs of Portland, Sunset is close to the World Headquarters of Nike and the campuses of companies like Intel, Columbia Sportswear
and Others. As an evangelical Presbyterian community, we embrace a high view of Scripture. We are committed to reaching people for Christ and providing a vibrant, healthy community in which they can thrive in relation with other Christ followers and develop
mature and active faith.
We are seeking a self-motivated, lover of God, people and details, to walk alongside those both new to faith as well as those exponentially growing in it by establishing new avenues for connection and taking existing connection ministries to the next level.
The Minister of Assimilation and Group Life will lead ministries that guide people, from first time attendees to those born and raised in the church, to a genuine sense of belonging, involvement and spiritual growth. He or she will provide an intentional
pathway for meeting people where they are on their spiritual journey and leading them to strategic life-changing next steps.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing and articulating the vision of the ministry
- Developing strategies to move first-time visitors and attendees into community.
- Overseeing the management of approximately 200 Assimilation and Group Life volunteers, including teachers, small group leaders, program leaders, greeters, coaches, ushers, support group leaders
- Developing and implementing strategies for recruiting, equipping, motivating and holding volunteers accountable.
- Developing follow-up strategies to engage and retain visitors and attendees
- Functions as one of the pastors of the church in areas such as teaching, preaching, and mentoring as requested by Lead Pastor.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in a ministry related field is required, seminary degree is preferred.
- Five years’ experience working in a church or ministry environment with demonstrated ability to oversee and motivate both staff and volunteers.
- Previous pastoral ministry experience is preferred, particularly in the areas of ministry to be overseen by this position. Strong volunteer management experience may be substituted for church or ministry experience.
- Presbyterian ordination is not required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated skill in developing and implementing a high level and effective strategies
- Demonstrated skill in building healthy ministry teams and ability to be a collaborative member of cross functional teams.
- Spiritual gifts of leadership, teaching, evangelism, hospitality, encouragement
- Strong Organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively relate to congregants
- Passion for developing attendees into fully committed followers of Christ who are actively involved in their faith community
- A vital and growing personal relationship with the Lord
- A student of the Scriptures and a person of prayer
- A demonstrated passion for ministering to people through group ministries.
- Commitment to the Essential Beliefs and the Vision and Core Values of Sunset
Sunset Church is committed to creating a diverse environment representative of our larger community and welcomes all qualified applicants regardless of race, national origin, gender or economic status.
Email a cover letter that communicates your heart for leadership in the areas of Assimilation and Group Life along with a resume or CV that clearly articulates how you meet the qualifications, i.e. specific education level achieved, dates of qualifying employment
(month/year), including whether the job was full or part-time and level of responsibilities.
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org