Director of Worship
Trinity Evangelical Presbyterian Church, Florence, SC
Trinity is looking for someone with an overwhelming passion to worship the Lord and with a calling and desire to lead others into that same vibrant worship relationship. This position will allow a visionary individual, alongside the Senior Pastor, to build a creative worship environment for the people of Trinity.
Our Elder Team has identified four needs that any candidate must be able to meet within our community:
1. Provide primary vocal and instrumental leadership for our praise team during our worship services. Thus, vocal ability and proficiency on either the guitar or piano is a must.
2. The ability to cultivate a worship community as well as a praise band in which the needs of those who serve can be met and their spiritual growth encouraged.
3. A humble and teachable attitude that is willing to work under the authority of the Senior Pastor and the Elder Team to craft sermon series, worship services, special emphasis seasons, and annual events.
4. The ability to identify, recruit, and cultivate individuals within the congregation that can enhance the worship ministry of the church.
Trinity EPC exists to preach the Gospel and make disciples of Jesus Christ of all people from Western Florence to the ends of the Earth as we go to them and as they come to us. As a result, we are looking for a director of worship whose leadership can undergird our efforts in Outreach, Evangelism and Discipleship.
Strong relationship skills are a must so that meaningful relationships can be developed within the worship team, the congregation as a whole, and within our local community. A genuine Christian walk, a strong working knowledge of the Bible, and the ability to teach and train others in worship are also essential. Candidates should display good organizational skills, the ability to manage a program, and a desire to be connected to the entire congregation, not just the worship community. A clear and passionate call to ministry and 3 to 5 years in worship ministry leadership experience are preferred.
See current job description listed below.
Please Send Resumes to Matt Walton at email@example.com. All submissions should include links to videos of the candidate leading worship if possible but at minimum should have the candidate singing and playing.
Trinity Presbyterian Church Job Description
Position Title: Director of Worship
Purpose or Mission Focus of Position:
The Director of Worship should have a passionate desire to worship the Lord and the gifting and desire to draw others into that worship experience. They are responsible for the development, coordination, and supervision of the worship team and the various worship services of the church body.
The Worship Director will coordinate with the Senior Pastor to oversee the total worship program for each service of the church. This includes Sunday Morning Worship, Special Events, and Seasonal Activities such as Christmas Eve, Easter Sunday, Maundy Thursday, etc.
A. Create and maintain a worship community to lead the worship services of Trinity.
1. Recruit those in the congregation with musical gifts and encourage them to use those gifts in service to the church and the Kingdom of God.
2. Create an atmosphere of care and concern within the worship team so that their needs are met and members are encouraged.
3. Provide opportunities for spiritual growth and development for the Worship Team to facilitate unity and effective worship leadership.
- B. Provide Primary Vocal and Instrumental Leadership of the Worship Team.
1. Serve as the Worship Team Leader.
2. Plan and execute effective Worship Team practices and preparation for weekly services.
- C. Worship Administration.
1. Work with the Senior Pastor to facilitate music selection and total worship service planning.
2. Assist in the development of an annual budget for all assigned areas of responsibility.
3. Purchase and maintain music equipment, sound and lighting equipment and worship facilities, including tuning and repair.
4. Provide lighting and sound support for weddings and funerals within the church when scheduled.
5. Approve the scheduling of the Sanctuary for any and all events.
6. Supervise the total Media Ministry: Podcast Creation and Broadcasting, Recording Ministry, Media Ministry, as well as the Lighting and Sound Crew.
D. Other Duties as assigned by the Session.
The Director of Worship is responsible to the Senior Pastor, who serves as the Worship Leader for Trinity, and the Session of Trinity. He/She will work in close cooperation with the Senior Pastor in planning all worship functions for the church. The Director of Worship is also an ex-officio member of the Worship Committee of the Session and will work with it as plans are made for the entire worship program of the church.
1. Sufficient vocal ability to take the lead role in the worship leadership of Trinity’s services.
2. Instrumental proficiency on either the piano or guitar so that they might take the lead role instrumentally in the worship leadership of Trinity’s services.
3. An understanding of Biblical worship and the ability to communicate that understanding to worship team members, staff, and the church body as a whole.
4. Experience in worship leadership of a congregation.
5. Adequate administrative skills necessary to accomplish all job responsibilities.
1. A growing relationship with Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.
2. Agreement with the doctrine and government of the Evangelical Presbyterian Church.
3. If married, have a Christ-honoring marriage, which will serve as a model to others.
4. If single, live a chaste Godly life in all interactions with the opposite sex.
5. If blessed with a family, display effective leadership of their family toward maturity in Christ.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Student and Children's Worship PastorGrace Point Church
- Bentonville, Arkansas
- September 24
Youth / Worship PastorVictory Temple Assembly of God
- Jasper, Indiana
- September 23
Pastor of WorshipAnchorage City Church
- Anchorage, Alaska
- September 22
Director of Worship Arts and ProgrammingNorthwest Chapel
- Dublin, Ohio
- September 22
IT Support TechnicianNew Hope Church
- Manvel, Texas
- September 22
Trinity Evangelical Presbyterian Church
Trinity is a member of the Evangelical Presbyterian Church and is committee to their Seven Essentials of the Faith. See www.EPC.org. We are a loving fellowship committed to the Word of God and hand crafting disciples of Jesus Christ. More...