Contemporary Worship Director – St. Andrew UMC
Job description: The Contemporary Worship Director is the chief curator and musician of the contemporary worship services. Working in conjunction with the Creative Director and Pastors, this position is responsible for engaging people to
regularly encounter Christ through contemporary worship, fulfilling the church’s mission: “calling the ‘Christian-ish’ to become passionate servants of Christ.”
Curation/Planning/Design/Execution of Sunday AM and special Services, including Holy Week and Christmas Eve services.
- Work with preaching pastors to identify, clarify, and deepen the main focus area and take-away (“purpose of worship”) for each service
- Plan the services, including working with appropriate people and soundscape, creating order of worship outlines, and assisting in every element of the worship service.
- Collaborate on concerts and other events in the life of the church (A St. Andrew Christmas, Memorial Day, etc…)
Lead and coordinate the worship teams
- Music teams (band members)
- Creative Writing Team
- Prayer teams
- Collaborate with other artists, musicians, and pastors on special projects
Provide musical consultation and leadership for weddings, funerals, and other church-related events
Other duties as assigned…