We are looking for an individual that is passionate in their relationship with Jesus and passionate about ministering to children to be our Director of Children's Ministry. This position is a 32 hour a week position that oversees our Sunday AM and PM kids
Mount Calvary Job Description:
SUPERVISOR: Senior Pastor
JOB PURPOSE/PHILOSOPHY: The Director of Children’s Ministry must have a passion for children and their families, and must know how to implement this passion at Mount Calvary Church. The goal of this ministry position is to develop and mature
young disciples (and their families) who love God with all their heart, and who love others as much as they loves themselves (Great Commission and Great Commandment boys and girls). To achieve this goal, he or she will encourage a Godly group atmosphere where
children and their families will enjoy attending and be proud to bring their unsaved friends. He or she will emphasize throughout their ministry a heart for families, a heart for the Word, and a heart for the world.
The Director is responsible to develop a ministry that compliments and builds upon the overall church ministry to children and their families. The right candidate must shepherd and lead others in shepherding children, and will
partner with the church’s parents in nurturing and discipling.
THE POSITION WILL WORK IN COOPERATION WITH: Pastoral Staff, Official Board, Administrative Assistant, Committees, Lay Leadership, and Parents
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE MUST BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FOLLOWING:
1. Maintain a close personal walk with the Lord Jesus Christ, and exercise the disciplines of the Christian faith.
2. Maintain a balanced approach to life by caring for the physical, emotional and intellectual areas of his/her life, and by giving full attention to the needs, joys, and development of his/her family.
3. Consistently strive to be at peace with all people and to demonstrate the love of Christ in his/her dealing with other members of the Body.
4. Interact with individuals from the church intentionally and informally “outside the walls” to get a clearer perspective of congregational attitudes, needs, and desires.
5. Demonstrate a life-long attitude of learning, spiritual renewal, ministry competency, and personal growth.
1. Ability to communicate ideas and plans clearly, comprehensively, and with adequate notice in order to achieve desired results and to promote an overall atmosphere of teamwork.
2. Use courtesy, tact, and good judgment when handling comments from members of the church, staff, or leadership.
3. Maintain appropriate levels of confidentiality.
4. Demonstrate strong interpersonal communication skills.
5. Generate sensible, realistic, practical solutions to problems.
1. Endeavor as much as possible to be available to care for the spiritual wellbeing of the members of this church when the need arises.
2. Plan, organize, schedule, and prioritize in an efficient and productive manner.
3. Handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
4. Be a team player on committees and with leadership groups.
5. Coordinate with lay leaders serving on the various teams.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Communicate a passion and vision for children and their families at Mount Calvary Church that complements the mission of the church.
2. Develop and oversee all aspects of the church’s ministry to children birth through sixth grade: including evangelism, discipleship, teaching, training, retreats and activities, service and missions. This includes vision, developing a philosophy and strategy,
coordinating events, calendars, curricula, emphases, administration and allocation of resources.
3. Give leadership to recruitment and assimilation of volunteer staff, including: developing a recruiting plan, informing others of needs and responsibilities, providing screening and background checks, orienting and training of volunteers, and providing
appropriate ministry policies.
4. Understand the culture of the times and provide relevant teaching mechanisms to communicate with the children and their families.
5. Develop a seamless ministry track so that a child’s progress follows logical and grade-sensitive exposure to the Bible. Be current in teaching techniques, curriculum development, and facility tools to enhance learning.
6. Provide a safe, friendly, and welcoming environment for children and families to grow and learn.
7. Familiarize and have a thorough understanding of all facets of Mount Calvary children’s ministries, including, but not limited to: Sunday school, nursery, preschool, children’s church, AWANA, special events, and other events that may arise.
8. Model and assist the children in living out their faith, developing opportunities for students to serve, develop their gifts, reach their peers, and engage their world.
9. Work in close relationship with parents. Understand parents and their family relationships and how this impacts their children’s spiritual life. Provide resources to help parent’s disciple, train, and communicate with their children. Encourage parents
in their biblical responsibilities toward their family. Inform parents of issues and activities. This person must be able to counsel children and/or their parents regarding children and parenting issues. This care may include how to teach children biblical
truth, forms of proper child discipline, helping children cope with divorce, etc.
10. Spend time with children and their parents (both formally and informally).
11. Develop children’s activities that involve them in ministry and equip them in their faith. The
Director will actively integrate children into age appropriate activities of church life here at Mount Calvary Church.
12. Communicate regularly with the church family, with the pastoral staff, and with church leadership on the status of the children’s ministry. This would include expanding the children’s ministry awareness throughout the church. Foster and provide intergenerational
opportunities for training and relationship building.
13. Work with leadership and with church committees to make sure that Mount Calvary Church is “family friendly” and that the children’s ministry complements and effectively unites with the other church ministries.
14. Perform other duties as assigned.