Grace United Methodist Church (www.GraceUMC.org) in Gaithersburg, MD is looking for a spiritually committed Christian to direct the church's music ministries.
We are seeking an inspirational leader who loves music and wants to share their talent as they provide musical direction and program leadership for an active, diverse congregation with a worship style rooted in the traditional, with some contemporary aspects.
The ideal candidate will have a desire and ability to develop the potential of individuals of all ages who comprise the music ministries at the church.
Responsibilities may include some or all of the following:
- Direct choirs and/or manage volunteer directors for adult, teen, children’s vocal choirs, handbell choir, and instrumental ensemble
- Coordinate with organist to ensure coverage by organist/pianist and choir(s) at all worship services
- Conduct regular music ministry meetings
- Work with ministerial staff to coordinate music with worship
- Manage the music department budget and library
- Participate in worship, as pianist, organist, or as an occasional soloist
- Arrange for occasional special music (such as for holidays or over the summer)
This position is expected to comprise about 20 hours per week, including time spent in worship services on Sunday mornings, weeknight rehearsals, plus time for planning, practice and administration. Final hours and schedule are subject to determination of
actual responsibilities / area of expertise. Any offer of employment will be contingent upon successfully passing a background check.
Please send your resume with references and cover letter before June 30 to the attention of Music Director Search Committee by one of the following modes:
Mail: Grace United Methodist Church
119 North Frederick Avenue
Gaithersburg, MD 20877