Youth and Young Adults Pastor
Fellowship General Baptist Church is located 150 miles South of St. Louis in Poplar Bluff, Missouri. Poplar Bluff has a growing school district with a large potential for ministry and discipleship of students. Ministering within the community of Poplar
Bluff and to its outer areas, Fellowship is a growing and thriving congregation that currently averages over 500 in worship weekly.
Fellowship’s core mission is to Develop Faithful Followers of Jesus Christ. The church, being General Baptist in doctrine, holds as a foundational belief that “Christ tasted death for every man” (Hebrews 2:9), meaning all have access to redemption
The Youth and Young Adults Pastor will be responsible for oversight of all students, their parents, volunteers and young adults while striving toward sustaining a healthy, life-transforming ministry. This individual will be expected to develop the spiritual
growth of students and young adults in a way that reflects the overall mission of Fellowship General Baptist Church. The successful candidate will maintain strong relationships with students, young adults, and ministry colleagues.
The successful candidate will have at least three years of experience working in a local church youth ministry of 40 students or more.
A bachelor’s degree is required for the purpose of effectively executing the expectations of this role. The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experiences, among others:
- Be a follower of Christ, committed to the youth and young adult ministry and the overall mission of Fellowship GB Church.
- Be experienced in ministering to youth and young adults and have a passion to evangelize and disciple them.
- Be able to articulate a discipleship strategy for youth and young adults.
- Be able to teach in a context that resonates with youth and young adults.
- Portray a deep level of humility.
- Be transparent and foster stories of life change within the ministry.
- Be prayerful in all things.
- Demonstrate spiritual maturity with a consistent devotional life.
- Be highly teachable and receptive to feedback.
- Exude energy in connecting with people and a calm influence when dealing with people.
- Build relationships and rapport with other leaders in ministry.
- Create an environment of warmth and openness in ministry.
- Be committed to the mission of Fellowship GB Church.
Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications plus benefits.
A detailed job description is available upon request.