1. Baccalaureate degree required. Graduate theological degree desired.
2. Passion for volunteerism.
3. Professional or lay ministry experience in organizing and executing volunteer- based programs, and experience in leadership development. Experience in volunteer recruitment, development and placement.
4. Ability to train a team of trainers to recruit, develop and place volunteers in ministry programs in the life of the church.
Ability to design and implement systems that assist volunteers in assessing their gifts, abilities and interests, and then place/ link them with ministry opportunities.
Ability to work well with other staff and lay leaders.
Understanding of spiritual gift theology and human resource/ database/ web technologies.
5. Subscribe to and affirm the Statement of Faith and Covenant of Calvary Church.
6. Be a regular participant in public worship at Calvary Church.
7. Remain a member in good standing of Calvary Church.
1. Design and implement systems that will assist and empower volunteers to assess their gifts,
abilities and interests, and then enable volunteers to be placed/ linked with Calvary Church and
related ministry opportunities.
2. Develop a team of trainers/ coaches who will provide the following for pastors and other
ministry area leaders:
a. On-going training for each ministry area in regard to volunteer motivation, recruitment,
placement and appreciation
b. Annual auditing of each ministry area in regard to volunteer related organizational standards,
needs and opportunities
c. On-going consulting with each ministry area in regard to recruitment, resourcing and
d. On-going conferencing with related ministry areas in regard to bringing resources and
ministry opportunities together.
3. Develop a database system that will enable Calvary Church to effectively and efficiently track
and match the gifts and abilities of volunteers with available ministry related opportunities.
4. Develop a web-based catalogue of volunteer opportunities and maintain profiles for all ministry areas of Calvary Church.
5. Develop a marketing strategy that motivates Calvary Church members and attendees to serve by the telling of inspirational volunteer stories and the presentation of ‘best practices.’
6. Manage the First Impressions Team.
7. Manage the Community Life ministry.
8. Participate in other ministry-related functions as assigned by the Executive Pastor or the Senior Pastor.
1. Reports to Executive Pastor.
2. Relates to the pastoral staff.
3. Supervises staff involved with Volunteer Development and Community Life ministries.
4. Coordinates with other members of church staff.