After 12 years of enjoying worshiping and continuing in faith together as a strong base of long-standing, mature believers, we have received a revived sense of calling from God as a church. With the recent addition of a Pastor in charge of mission, alongside
the Senior Pastor, a renewed vision, mission, purpose and direction has been established and we have begun preparing ourselves for intentional growth and the reach of the roughly 3 million people within our area who are predominantly unchurched.
Our vision is to see every life we come in contact with be impacted by the Gospel of Jesus Christ and build a church of strong, passionate Disciples of Christ that are on a mission to see lives be made great through the greatness of God.
We are prayerfully seeking the right enthusiastic, spirit-filled person with a passion for reaching families and making a lasting impact in the lives of children to come alongside our leadership team to develop and launch a dynamic Children’s Ministry experience.
As we currently do not have Children’s Ministry, this will be a startup ministry position so the ideal candidate will be a dependable, innovative and strategic self-starter ready to embrace the opportunity and challenge.
PLEASE NOTE: We are open to hiring for either a Children's Ministry Director or a Children's Pastor position dependent on calling and credentials. Please reach out if you feel you would be a good fit for either one of the two.
Salary will be part-time to start with the expectation of a one year commitment by both parties and a goal of growing and developing it into a full-time salaried position within that timeframe.
Please send resumes along with any inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Demonstrate a strong passion for and relationship with Christ
- Commitment to continually growing in your faith and relationship
- Open to spiritual gifts and the power of the Holy Spirit working in the church today
- Possess a kingdom mindset and passion for The Church
- Practice humility, accountability and spiritual integrity
- Exhibit compassion and a heart for serving others
- Be flexible and adaptable to work well as a team as well as be open to change and feedback for growth
- Help establish vision and strategy for children’s ministry that is consistent with the church vision and mission
- Leadership of all aspects of children’s ministry from infant to 6th grade
- Curriculum selection and/or development
- Recruitment, leadership, training and development of volunteers
- Build and maintain a strong team atmosphere among volunteers
- Communicate, connect and partner with parents to help instill lessons in children
- Overseeing and running children’s ministry for Sunday service as well as any special services and events
- The ideal candidate should possess either a Bachelor’s Degree in Children’s Ministry, Education or related field or at least some experience working in Children’s Ministry
- Experience working in leadership within Children’s Ministry a plus
- We are open to considering any applicants regardless of education and experience based on character, competence, calling and chemistry