Position: Children's Pastor
Reports To: Executive Pastor
Hours: Full Time (45-55 hours/week)
To assist the leadership at FCC carry out the mission and vision throughout the body. The primary responsibility will be to provide direction and oversight for the entire ministry to children and their families at Faith Christian Community (infant – 5th grade).
- The primary role of the Children’s Pastor is to provide leadership development, program development, and direction for the Children’s Ministry.
- The Children’s Pastor provides leadership, training, support and oversight to all Children’s Ministry staff, including Elementary Director, Nursery Director and numerous student and adult volunteer workers. This position is also directly responsible for all Early Childhood Ministries.
- The Children’s Pastor works closely with the Community Life Pastor for the goal of spiritual formation of children and equipping parents to fulfill their calling as the primary spiritual leaders of their children.
- Attend all necessary staff and department meetings conducted by the Lead Pastor, Executive Pastor or Community Life Pastor.
- Build a team of volunteer and paid staff who collectively and individually assists in accomplishing the vision of FCC.
- Oversee childcare for Family Ministries and all-church events as directed including, but not limited to, productions, annual church meetings, Family Ministry conferences, Christmas Eve services, etc.
- Review and revise, or develop as needed curriculum and age appropriate learning objectives for all programs.
- Ability to reach out and connect with families involved with the Children's Ministry.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and relate to children and their families and a passion to see families grow in their faith together.
- Develop and maintain safe, clean, aesthetic early childhood learning environments.
- Oversee annual Kid’s Camp, Vacation Bible Schoo and other large events.
- Create additional programs to assist in the development of healthy homes for children and their families.
- Work with the broader staff to create outreach opportunities for children and their parents.
- Ensure each child is maturing in Christ- in their understanding of God’s Word, and that knowledge and training are translated into action.
- Previous experience directing a large children’s ministry, including leadership of ministry staff (full or part-time staff members and/or a large volunteer team of 50+ volunteers)
- Diligently seeks a vital and growing personal relationship with the Lord, a student of the Scriptures and a person of prayer. In this way, they will keep watch over themselves and over the flock (Acts 20:28) and pay close attention to themselves as well as his/her doctrine (1 Tim. 4:16). Under God’s strong hand managing their own household well (1 Tim. 3:4,5) by bringing their children up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord (Eph. 6:4). In all areas of life and witness they will seek to shepherd the people FCC by being an example to the flock (1 Pet. 5:3).
- Will become a member of Faith Christian Community upon joining the staff.
- Able to work on a team toward specific goals in a mutually edifying and supportive manner.
- Maintains a teachable and open attitude.
- Has a commitment to the Statement of Faith, Ministry Values and Core Values as stated in the Bylaws of Faith Christian Community.
- Participates in the general pastoral care of Faith Christian Community.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, ABILITIES, SPIRITUAL GIFTS:
- Active and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ, evidenced by action, attitude and behavior.
- Basic working understanding of “Orange” Family Ministries (Think Orange, The Essence of Orange, Reggie Joiner).
- A passion for children’s ministry and to see families grow in their faith together.
- BA or BS degree in Children/Family ministries or similar.
- Previous experience with direction and administration of large church Children’s Ministries or Family Ministries
- Experience in recruiting, motivating, equipping and scheduling volunteer leaders to minister to children and families.
- Experience in designing and developing children’s ministry programs.
- Effective communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal).
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Children's Ministry DirectorCapshaw Baptist Church
- Harvest, Alabama
- October 21
Children's Ministry Director/PastorCornwall Church
- Bellingham, Washington
- October 20
Children's Ministry DirectorChrist Community Church
- West Chester, Pennsylvania
- October 20
Pastor of Children's MinistryChandler Christian Church
- Chandler, Arizona
- October 20
Pastor of Children's MinistriesWhittier Area Community Church
- Whittier, California
- October 20