Position: Executive Pastor
Reports To: Lead Pastor
Hours: Full Time (45-55 hours/week)
To assist the Lead Pastor at Faith Christian Community (FCC) carry out the mission and vision through the body. The primary responsibility will be the supervision of the staff, but will also assist by overseeing the ministries of the church, allowing the Lead Pastor to continue his main responsibility of the “teaching and preaching of God’s Word.”
General Job Description:
- Agree with the mission and vision statement of FCC and be creatively involved in its development.
- Execute and implement the vision of the Lead Pastor.
- Oversee all staff in understanding and fulfilling their particular mission and vision as it supports that of FCC.
- Lead and guide the Community Life Pastor in implementing the ongoing programs for children, youth and adult ministry.
- Help establish specific and measurable goals with the staff and assist them in achieving those goals.
- Take the lead on HR issues such as personnel and programming challenges.
- Lead management team meetings by creating agendas and facilitating their completion.
- Streamline and define communication and authority paths on the FCC staff that maximize personal creativity while minimizing bureaucracy.
- Serve on the Board of Elders as a voting member.
- Assist the Lead Pastor in leading the Executive Leadership Team.
Administrate Ministries of FCC for Greater Efficiency
- Coordinate with the staff new ministry initiatives from the congregation or church leadership.
- Lead the process in partnership with the elders in the hiring, managing and releasing of staff.
- Oversee budget development along with financial administrator.
- Share with the Lead Pastor key feedback on the vision, required resources, congregational involvement, etc.
- Assist the Lead Pastor in the implementation of specific directives from the Elders to him and the staff.
- Attend the weekly, extended sessions with the pastors and Lead Pastor.
- Oversee the long-range strategic plan for the way ministries supporting our vision are carried out.
- Assist regularly in weekly and seasonal worship gatherings.
- Conduct weddings and funerals.
- Preach on occasion in the absence of the Lead Pastor.
- Diligently seeks a vital and growing personal relationship with the Lord. He will be a student of the Scriptures and a man of prayer. In this way, he will keep watch over himself and over the flock (Acts 20:28) and pay close attention to himself as well as his doctrine (1 Tim. 4:16). Under God’s strong hand He will seek to manage his own household well (1 Tim. 3:4,5) by loving his wife as Christ loved the church (Eph. 5:25) and by bringing his children up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord (Eph. 6:4). In all areas of life and witness he will seek to shepherd the people of FCC by being an example to the flock (1 Pet. 5:3).
- Will become a member of Faith Christian Community upon joining the staff.
- Will be an ordained minister of the gospel.
- Meets the qualifications of an elder as outlined in Scripture (1 Tim. 3 and Titus 1).
- Able to work on a team toward specific goals in a mutually edifying and supportive manner.
- Maintains a teachable and open attitude.
- Has a commitment to the Statement of Faith, Ministry Values and Core Values as stated in the Bylaws of Faith Christian Community.
- Participates in the general pastoral care of Faith Christian Community.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Executive PastorBakersfield First Assembly
- Bakersfield, California
- September 22
Lead Team PastorDestiny Harvest Church
- Columbia, Maryland
- September 22
International Church Executive PastorTrinity International Church
- Santa Cruz, Santa Cruz
- September 19
Executive PastorCrossroads Community Church
- Carol Stream, Illinois
- September 17
Assistant Campus PastorJourney Church
- Denver, NC , North Carolina
- September 16