Job Description - Worship Pastor
Position Status: Regular Full Time
Reporting to: Heights Campus Pastor
Job Summary and Purpose
Harvest Church is looking for a Worship Pastor who is strong in leading worship and team building. Reporting to the Heights Campus Pastor, the Heights Campus Worship Pastor will provide leadership in the oversight, execution and management of the weekend experience at the Heights campus as well as providing support to the musical development of the band.
The Weekend Experience
- Lead rehearsals and worship for our three weekend experiences at the Heights Campus.
- Create an engaging and relevant worship experience through the use of the creative arts
- Collaborate with other campus worship pastors in the creation of original music to be used in the weekend worship experience.
- Provide and maintain a high level of excellence in all worship aspects of the weekend experience
- Be an active participant on the Creative Team that helps to direct the weekend experience across all campuses.
- Recruit, train and develop a team of volunteers to provide significant depth in all band positions.
- Coordinate band schedules, creating healthy rotations for team members via Planning Center Online.
- Lead, inspire and manage band volunteers while executing their development strategy.
- Provide spiritual leadership and genuine care for the well being of your staff and volunteers.
OTHER FOCUS AREAS
Special Events & Other Campuses
- Lead worship as needed for staff meetings, funerals and other special events.
- Serve as a worship resource to other campuses and departments in their efforts to ensure excellence in the weekend worship environment.
Budget & Ministry Plans
- Responsible for the oversight and execution of the Heights Worship budget.
- Craft an annual ministry plan for the Heights worship ministry clearly communicating vision, ministry initiatives with coinciding budget allocations.
- Aggressively learn best practices and new methods of leading worship and related technology
- Build a “network” of relationships with others in same or related profession for continued education and growth
- Attend conferences (as budget allows) for continued development in the craft of leading worship and for spiritual renewal.
JOB SKILLS, ATTRIBUTES & QUALIFICATIONS
The Heights Worship Pastor position is a relational position in that it requires consistent interaction with support staff, volunteers and church members each weekend. The Heights Worship Pastor will be a leader and a developer of leaders, capable of casting vision, shepherding the team, and overseeing the administration, staff and ministries of his ministry. The Heights Worship Pastor will have the following experience and attributes:
- A deep, evident love of Christ, Church and Kingdom that shapes all aspects of his life.
- A commitment to a life-stye of continual growth in both character and competency.
- An ability to lead at a departmental level, overseeing the care and development of support staff and volunteers.
- Catalytic leadership-a high energy self-starter who gets things done and makes things happen.
- Team player-Someone people will follow, but who is also willing to be a great follower.
- Mobilizer-Someone who can turn followers into teams of volunteers.
- High Capacity Operator - Someone who shows capacity to juggle a lot of balls simultaneously, and enjoys doing so.
- Good public speaker/communication skills and a people person (not an introvert).
- Enjoys collaborative teamwork and being a creative partner with the Lead Pastor
- Can influence relationally, not just positionally viewing their role as a ministry vs a job
- Proficient in leading worship from the guitar along with great vocal skills
- Ability to write out chord charts for band
- Ability to create and use click tracks, loops via Ableton LIVE
- Experience leading worship (at least 2 years)
- Competnent in the use of Ableton LIVE or similar software
- Proven track record in the recruitment and expansion of teams
Formal education is not a predetermining factor for the selection of the Heights Worship Pastor. However, it is likely that they will hold a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. This candidate should also have a proficient knowledge of the Bible and basic theology. A degree in music is preferred, but not required.
To view the full job portfolio along with Harvest Church facts and history, you can download at https://db.tt/Im7JDTBq
RESUME & MEDIA REQUEST
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Please also provide a content reel of you leading worship by either providing web/file links and emailing to email@example.com or by mailing media to:
c/o Todd Shackelford
1235 W. Wicks Lane
Billings, MT 59105
BENEFITS PACKAGE OVERVIEW
In addition to an annual salary, the Heights campus Worship Pastor position will also include/be:
Health Insurance for the employee
Cellular phone allowance
2 weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO) per calendar year
Normal job related expenses / Expense Account
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Worship LeaderCrosspointe Church
- Sanger, California
- January 20
Worship Pastor - 1768MinisterSearch
- Centennial, Colorado
- January 20
Harvest Bible Chapel - Director of WorshipVanderbloemen Search Group
- Sacramento, California
- January 20
Director of Contemporary Worship -1723MinisterSearch
- Great Cincinnati Suburb, Ohio
- January 20
Youth Worship LeaderImpact Fellowship Church
- Overland Park, Kansas
- January 19
We are a group of believers in Jesus Christ, exploring His claims, serving one another, living life together in community. We want to live Life as though Jesus were living through us. It’s a great life and you’re invited to come along for the journey. Harvest is very much marked not by what we want from you, but what we want for you. Come on. Live the Life.More...