Position: Event Coordinator
Reports to: Operations Pastor
Status: Full-Time Exempt
Job Summary: Calvary Chapel Spring Valley is actively engaged in regular outreach ministries, special events, small group studies and of course worship services. The Events Coordinator must be a born again believer who professes their faith
in our Savior Jesus Christ, able to plan, organize and execute events. Along with effectively managing multiple projects and work assignments, he/she should have a clear understanding of the mission and vision of the church, event management, event goals and
a strategic plan to efficiently execute each event. The Events Coordinator is responsible for the overall operation and fluency of events. The Event Coordinator is responsible for collaborating with the Senior Pastor and leadership team, Communications Coordinator,
ministry teams, Creative Team and volunteer teams to facilitate ministry initiatives and to ensure that all events are well planned, publicized and executed.
Hours: Mon-Thurs 8:30am-5:00pm, Sun 8:00am to 12:30 & 6:00pm-7:30pm, some Holidays
General Responsibilities and duties:
- Prioritize responsibilities to Sr. Pastor and any of his direct or indirect projects
- Leading in the planning and execution of all church wide events. Provides strategic input based on best practices. Establish event objectives in conjunction with and as directed by Senior Pastor.
- Assisting individual ministry leaders in the planning and execution of ministry specific events. Provide strategic input based on best practices.
- Serving as project manager/liaison on events in managing logistics with venue, volunteer teams, vendors, etc..
- Assist with negotiations of contracts and the booking of event space, arrange food and beverage, order supplies and audiovisual equipment, make travel arrangements, order event signs, and ensure appropriate décor (floral, linens, color schemes, etc.).
- Maintaining a fluid database of event resources and vendors.
- Coordinating all event media roll out plans with the Communications Coordinator and Creative Services.
- Creating pre-event overview, checklists, timelines and staff assignments.
- Determine needed labor, number of positions and each positions specific tasks/duties for the event.
- Preparing post event teardown and clean up procedures and assignments.
- Preparing event analysis including debriefing, data collection, historical data, event performance, areas of improvement.
- Maintaining the church wide calendar, calendar invites, reminders and newsletter
- Mentoring and building relationships with volunteer teams
- Provide strategic input on identifying and developing impactful programs to drive and strengthen performance of the events and the Department.
- Interacting effectively with counterparts, by demonstrating and applying biblical characteristics, professionalism, interpersonal skills and coaching techniques.
- Attending and participating in staff meetings, weekly devotions and team prayer.
- Serve on regular or periodic sub-committees such as the Creative Planning Committee and proofing team.
- Attend a minimum of one weekly worship service.
- Additional duties as assigned
Specific qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- Must be born again and living a life that demonstrates a commitment to the word of God and committed to serving and supporting the vision and mission of the Calvary Chapel Spring Valley.
- Exceptional communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Time management and organizational skills.
- The ability to multitask, think outside the box, think on his/her feet and troubleshoot problems efficiently.
- The Events Director must demonstrate successful experience in administering multi-program operations including: forecasting/benchmarking, financial management, program planning and delivery, marketing, and general management functions.
- Proficient in the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and mail merges; email and web searches.
- Bachelor's degree is preferred but not required; significant work experience can substitute for the degree.
Key Results Areas
- Event Summaries, plans and strategies provided to and approved by Church Leadership
- Consistent organization and control of the church wide calendar.
- On-Time delivery and execution of event roll outs and timelines based on approved roll out protocols.
- Clear and concise directives to staff regarding event tasks and progress.
- Progressive, fresh, creative and engaging event presentation.
Work Environment and ADA Requirements:
Must have ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees
of organization. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. While performing the duties of this
job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently
lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. An employee must work with a moderate noise level.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing
of work requirements.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility but should not be considered an all-inclusive
listing of work requirements.
I acknowledge I have read and understand the above job description.
Human Resources Witness Date
Calvary Chapel Spring Valley reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary.
To fill out and view our application please visit: http://goo.gl/OhlKsM