Position: Communications Coordinator
Reports to: Operations Pastor
Status: Full-Time Exempt
Job Summary: Calvary Chapel Spring Valley is a church that is actively engaged in regular outreach ministries, special events, small group studies and of course worship services. The Communications director will be responsible
for creating, organizing, planning, implementing, and measuring effective communication/media messages and strategies to the church body, community audiences and staff.
Hours: Mon-Thurs 8:30am-5:00pm, Sun 8:00am to 12:30 & 6:00pm-7:30pm, some Holidays
General Responsibilities and duties:
- Prioritize responsibilities to Sr. Pastor and any of his direct or indirect projects
- Work in conjunction with the Leadership Team and ministry leaders in the development of event plans and communication roll-outs.
- Develop and manage a master communications plan for the church, including a communications calendar.
- Develop a communications strategy for the church and each of its ministries to clearly message the vision of the church to the body and to the public at large.
- Develop guidelines for internal and external communications by the church and ministries.
- Lead the graphics team.
- Deliver excellence in timeliness and accuracy of all print and electronic collaterals.
- Manage and prepare all regular church-wide communications, printed and electronic.
- Develop and cultivate positive public relations within the church body and the community.
- Develop and lead a team of communication volunteers.
- Develop and execute branding guidelines and materials to assist ministry leaders in the production and execution of communication materials that are aligned with the mission, vision and brand.
- Attending and participating in staff meetings, weekly devotions, team prayer.
- Serve on regular or periodic sub-committees such as the Creative Planning Committee and proofing team.
- Attend a minimum of one weekly worship service.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Specific qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- Must be born again and living a life that demonstrates a commitment to the word of God and committed to serving and supporting the vision and mission of the Calvary Chapel Spring Valley.
- Must regularly attend and participate in services at Calvary Chapel Spring Valley.
- Brand or communication management knowledge.
- Minimum of 5 years experience; church ministry experience desired.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to creatively communicate existing church wide and ministry programs to engage the target audience
- Bachelor's degree required; communications or business major preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in managing people and projects with high-quality relational outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to listen, discern, facilitate discussions, "see the big picture", and build consensus.
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office programs, the major social media mediums and some familiarity with CMS website development, Adobe Creative Suite, Indesign and Photoshop preferred but not required.
- Ability to be extremely flexible in an environment that is very active and subject to many last minute changes.
- Ability to maintain a positive outlook and spirit of teamwork even in the midst of time sensitive projects.
- Demonstrated creative, organizational, multi-tasking, detail-oriented, accuracy, follow-through, and project management skills.
Key Results Areas
- Communication Plan and strategy provided to and approved by Church leadership
- Guidelines for internal communications provided to all staff
- Guidelines for external communication provided to all staff
- Social media and website fresh and engaging
- Creative delivery of content to target audiences
Work Environment and ADA Requirements:
Must have ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees
of organization. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. While performing the duties of this
job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently
lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. An employee must work with a moderate noise level.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing
of work requirements.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility but should not be considered an all-inclusive
listing of work requirements.
I acknowledge I have read and understand the above job description.
Human Resources Witness Date
Calvary Chapel Spring Valley reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary.
To fill out and view our job application please visit: http://goo.gl/57Y6ni