To serve the church by assisting in the development, coordination and administration of an effective ministry to meet the needs of the elementary (3rd-6th grade) aged children of the church and providing leadership to and supervision of volunteers
involved in this ministry.
Some of the primary duties include:
- Assist in developing, supervising and guiding a comprehensive educational and service ministry for elementary (3rd-6th grade) aged children of the church.
- Review and develop curriculum for the elementary (3rd-6th grade) program.
- Enlist, equip and encourage volunteers for leadership in elementary (3rd-6th grade) ministry.
- Identify, develop and disciple students for leadership.
- Oversee studies, events and programs under designated areas, including mid-week and specialized programs.
- Oversee camps, conferences, retreats and trips under designated areas.
- Implement service and mission projects for elementary (3rd-6th grade) aged students.
- Teach on regular basis.
- Develop relationships with elementary (3rd-6th grade) aged students and their families.
- Ensure that facilities reflect a safe, professional, Christian environment.
- Attend staff meetings, retreats, and conferences; keep current in related field.
- Cooperate with the Director of Elementary Ministries by performing any other duties when assigned or instructed.
Spiritual: Must have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and must have a heart for ministry. Must hold to the Statement of Faith, Position Statements, Mission Statement, and Core Values and Ministry Values of Yorba
Linda Friends Church. Those that serve God on the staff at Yorba Linda Friends Church are expected to set a high standard of personal conduct and lifestyle. It is required that all staff members are members of Yorba Linda Friends Church.
Experience, Education and Licensure: A bachelor’s degree in related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge and Skills
SKILLS: Must be proficient in the Microsoft Suite of products. Excellent interpersonal, verbal/written communication skills, and mathematical skills. Must be a self-starter. Must be confidential, flexible, accurate and have good follow-up
ABILITY: Ability to understand, teach and live out Biblical truths. Ability to comprehend written and oral information and to express written and oral information with clarity. Ability to identify problems, exhibit both inductive and
mathematical reasoning. Ability to travel. Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays, as requested.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Yorba Linda Friends Church reserves the right to change, rescind, add or delete the duties and responsibilities within this job description at any time.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Dana Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org