To serve the church by developing, supervising and administering an effective ministry to meet the needs of the junior high students of the church and providing leadership to and supervision of staff and volunteers involved in this ministry.
Some of the primary duties include:
- Establish departmental goals and objectives that are aligned with Friends Church’s vision and strategy by prioritizing related programs, managing the use of facilities, planning an appropriate budget, delegating tasks and evaluating progress regularly.
- Administer the work of the Junior High Department by encouraging teamwork and mutual support and providing, development, leadership and care to staff members who work in the department.
- Recruit, equip and encourage volunteers for leadership in junior high ministry.
- Team with SM Team lead to develop strategic relationships with parents to communicate, inspire, equip and support families.
- Engage students weekly through a large group worship experience (Gatherings).
- Create a comprehensive, relevant and biblical teaching schedule (Gatherings).
- Structure small groups that foster deeper relationships and stronger faith (Group Life)
- Plan and supervise camps, conferences, retreats and trips.
- Provide local and global service opportunities (Global Freedom).
- Teach, when requested.
- Develop relationships with junior high students by being a Godly role model.
- Ensure that facilities reflect a safe, professional, Christian environment.
- May conduct weddings, funerals and baptisms.
- Work with appropriate committees and leaders in carrying out the junior high ministry of the church.
- Attend staff meetings, retreats, and conferences; keep current in related field.
- Cooperate with the Student Ministries Team Leader by performing any other duties when assigned or instructed.
Spiritual: Must have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and must have a heart for ministry. Must hold to the Statement of Faith, Position Statements, Mission Statement, and Core Values and Ministry Values of Yorba
Linda Friends Church. Those that serve God on the staff at Yorba Linda Friends Church are expected to set a high standard of personal conduct and lifestyle. It is required that all staff members are members of Yorba Linda Friends Church.
Experience, Education and Licensure: A bachelor’s degree in related field and a minimum three to five (3-5) years experience in student ministries; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must become commissioned
Knowledge and Skills
SKILLS: Must be proficient in the Microsoft Suite of products. Excellent interpersonal, verbal/written communication skills, and mathematical skills. Must be a self-starter. Must be confidential, flexible, accurate, and have good follow-up
skills. Strong managerial skills.
ABILITY: Ability to understand, teach and live out Biblical truths. Ability to comprehend written and oral information and to express written and oral information with clarity. Ability to identify problems, exhibit both inductive and
mathematical reasoning. Ability to travel. Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays, as requested.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Yorba Linda Friends Church reserves the right to change, rescind, add or delete the duties and responsibilities within this job description at any time.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Dana Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org