This position has overall responsibility for the full life cycle of all of Grace’s information technology software and systems, and the teams that care for them. This includes internal IT systems, venue media delivery systems, web applications, databases, and websites.
Spiritually mature believer in a vital, growing relationship with Christ expressed in a commitment to humble, servant leadership. Possesses a heart for the local church and the wider kingdom of God.
- Leadership: Has successfully led IT teams at large organizations across multiple platforms. Adept at leveraged technology to help organizations accomplish its mission.
- Interpersonal Skills: Relates well to all kinds of people by listening, negotiating and educating. Builds effective relationships and teams.
- Technical Capability: Excellent understanding of Internet technologies, web development and integration, business IT systems, E-mail systems, operating systems, database systems, office applications, and media delivery systems.
- Critical Thinking: Able to analyze complex problems and recommend appropriate solutions.
The Information Technology Director will cultivate and participate in an environment that is:
- Humble: A servant leader who seeks out and receives feedback from supervisor and other top level leaders. Able to patiently teach others about technology on their level.
- Organized: Manages departmental work flow and resources.
- Flexible: Thrives in a fast paced environment and responds well to changing needs and work flow demands.
- Solution Oriented: Focuses on solutions to challenges, and embraces creativity when needed.
Passionate about the mission and ministry goals of Grace Community Church by collaborating with staff and volunteer team members. Values relationships and teams, along with results.
- Analyzes complex business and ministry needs at Grace and recommends technical solutions.
- Provide high level technology consulting to all departments and senior leadership of Grace and leads efforts to improve IT processes.
- Develop and implement strategy, architecture, and designs of Grace IT systems and applications.
- Build and lead a team of staff and volunteer computer specialists to create, integrate, and maintain internal IT systems, VOIP phone system, venue media delivery systems, web applications, databases, and websites.
- Oversee IT and web development staff and volunteers.
- Manage IT Budget.
- Determine project priorities.
- Make key technology decisions.
- Continually learn new software and hardware technologies and make wise strategic decisions concerning their application to Grace.
- Trains the staff in use of Grace IT systems.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Attend various staff meetings and serves on management teams as needed.
Reports to: Executive Pastor of Resources and Ministry Operations
Works closely with: Lead Team, Ministry Leaders, Communications Director, Technical Director
Oversees: Senior IT Network Administrator, web developers, and other technical resources as needed
SKILLS REQUIRED (Education, knowledge, skills and abilities)
An undergraduate degree and any combination of education and training equivalent to a master’s degree in computer science, information engineering or other related areas.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Manage development and integration projects.
- Work with end-users to determine requirements and create designs.
- Troubleshoot and resolve software problems. Support end users.
- Communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- Explain technical concepts in non-technical terms to staff and volunteers.
- Keep current by continually reading, interpreting, and applying information on technological changes and updates.
- Prioritize requests, organize, schedule, and coordinate a variety of activities and projects.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Worship and Creative Arts PastorFusion Bible Church
- Durant, Oklahoma
- December 10
Web SpecialistWestwood Community Church
- Excelsior, Minnesota
- December 8
Technical Arts DirectorMid-Cities Community Church
- Midland, Texas
- December 7
Technical / Video DirectorPeoples Church | Fresno
- Fresno, California
- December 7
Front End Web DeveloperCentral Christian Church
- Mesa, Arizona
- December 5