The Associate Pastor of Discipleship will be responsible for leading the discipleship ministry of NAPC. He/She must inspire, motivate and strategically lead programs designed to bring about the growth and spiritual maturity of our people. He/She will oversee, teach and support volunteer leaders to enable them to effectively lead others in deepening their commitment to Christ and His kingdom.
- Participates in planning, vision and programming of church as a whole.
- Functions collaboratively with NAPC leadership and actively participates in the life of the congregation and local community.
- Maintains a healthy and growing relationship with God and sets an example of moral character and commitment for NAPC’s congregation and other believers.
- Participates in worship services when requested.
- Continues growth and development through independent study, conferences, reading, and exchange of ideas with others.
- Accountable for developing plan to plant a church within three years in conjunction with NAPC leadership.
PROGRAM IMPLEMENTATION AND OVERSIGHT (70%)
- Directs, develops and supports discipleship programs for NAPC such as adult education, bible study, small groups, children’s, middle school and high school ministry, men’s and women’s discipleship, mature members, etc.
- Evaluates programs and ensures programming and events focus on building spiritually mature members of NAPC.
- Builds personal relationships with volunteer leaders and members of the congregation that foster an environment of caring, education, encouragement and mutual accountability.
- Continues to develop a culture of "every believer a missionary" by training in evangelism, equipping people to reach out in their workplaces and neighborhoods, and to help our people feel con?dent that they can lead people into a relationship with Christ.
- Mobilizes people and groups to get out into the community to serve.
- Assists with the adult bible study and other bible study groups.
- Counsels and prays with members.
- Helps equip members who are gifted and interested in counseling to serve our people who are going through spiritual and life crises.
- Supervises Director of Children’s Ministry and potential future roles involving youth education.
- May preach on occasion as requested by Senior Pastor.
- Coordinates plan for church plant.
- Develops parents to be spiritual leaders in their home, participating in Boys to Men and Girls to Women programs but also expanding the support we give to families to disciple their children.
LEADERSHIP TRAINING (20%)
- Recruits, equips and supports volunteers to assist in serving discipleship programs. (E.g. Leads small group leaders, equipping them to be better leaders, and to recruit and train new small group leaders.)
- Maintains effective leadership for each program. Provides assistance as required but empowers volunteer leaders to assist in the day to day needs of the various discipleship programs.
- Provides formal and informal leadership training for volunteers. Develops forums for frequent communication, encouragement and evaluation. Creates team atmosphere towards meeting discipleship goals.
- Acts as advisor/resource for volunteers.
- Addresses concerns and problems faced by or with volunteers or programs.
- Maintains well-planned, carefully balanced programs throughout the year, coordinated with the church calendar of events.
- Assumes responsibilities for events, soliciting volunteers, delegating appropriately and ensuring accountability.
- With the input and support of the staff and appropriate session leaders, establishes and maintains a philosophy of discipleship and annual goals consistent with NAPC’s mission, beliefs and guiding principles.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- College degree; and
- Minimum of two years leading small groups, teaching or coordinating a program of discipleship, or other relevant experience which enables person to execute the essential functions of this role.
COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
- Must show a faithful pursuit of leadership characteristics as listed in 1Timothy3.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of the Bible.
- Must be able to teach, train, and disciple volunteers.
- Must show strong commitment to NAPC’s mission and statement of beliefs.
- Must become a member of NAPC.
- Must be able to exercise initiative, judgment and sound problem solving skills.
- Must be able to operate independently as well as collaboratively within a team concept.
- Must possess strong organizational and administration skills.
- Must be able to respond to changing needs throughout the daily and weekly schedule.
- Must demonstrate strong communications skills.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Worship LeaderFirst United Methodist Church of Slidell
- Slidell, Louisiana
- December 2
Operations PastorVertical Church
- Durham Area, North Carolina
- December 2
"Gang Church" Lead PastorInFaith
- Fresno, California
- December 1
Church Planter in Central NebraskaInFaith
- central, Nebraska
- December 1
Associate Pastor for Community Connection and Life DevelopmentFBC Mableton
- Mableton, Georgia
- November 30
New Albany Presbyterian Church
New Albany Presbyterian Church began meeting in the Plain Township Fire Department in the Fall of 1999. The growing congregation eventually moved to the elementary school building's atrium and then the cafeteria where a second, acoustic guitar-lead service was added . In August of 2012, the church opened its permanent facility at 5220 Johnstown Rd. Since that time, the church has grown in numbers as we seek to fulfill our mission of "Glorifying God through lives changed by Jesus Christ."
David Milroy More...