Roswell United Methodist Church in suburban Atlanta, Georgia is currently seeking a full-time Director of Children’s Ministry who has the calling, passion, and experience to lead a Children’s Ministry with hundreds of children from birth through fifth grade.
This position leads a Children’s Ministry Team of five paid staff and over 100 adult volunteers in a broad range of weekday ministries, Sunday morning programming, and a variety of special events throughout the year such as Vacation Bible Adventure and Morning
in Bethlehem. The Children’s Ministry Team utilizes a 250-seat Kidz Zone space with staging, sound, and lighting for live productions; 20+ classrooms; dedicated nursery; toddler and preschool rooms; outdoor playgrounds; and centralized computer check-in
The ideal candidate is:
- A passionate disciple of Jesus
- Theologically Wesleyan
- Enthusiastic, engaging, and innovative
- A team builder and a team leader
- Attentive to current and future trends in Children’s Ministry
The ideal candidate has:
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree related to Education or Children’s Ministry. Certification in Christian Education or Children’s Ministry is preferred.
- Extensive knowledge in Child Development – birth to older elementary.
- 7+ years professional, local church experience with at least 3 years as a proven servant leader/manager/team builder of staff and volunteers.
Salary is commensurate with experience and the compensation plan includes paid time off, health insurance, and pension plan. Evening and weekend hours and some local travel are required. There is no allowance for relocation expenses. Please see detailed
job description at www.rumc.com/jobs; send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.