ORGANIZATIONAL OVERVIEW: Christ Church of Oak Brook, IL located in west suburban Chicago, is a dynamic, nondenominational, Christian church where approximately 5,000 people worship each weekend and over 150 staff as well as hundreds of volunteers
join together in fulfilling our mission by:
Gathering in communities of disciples who worship, grow, and serve,
Going into all the world as witnesses of the life-changing love of Jesus.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: We are seeking a versatile and energetic individual to:
- Deepen the faith development of Christ Church through intentional Growth Planning resources and equipping people with the core content and practices of the faith.
- Develop, empower, and nurture women’s ministries, small groups, and leadership teams to worship, grow, and serve God together.
HOURS: Full-Time, to include Tuesday mornings and Tuesday evenings as well as some evenings and weekend hours. The ideal candidate will welcome the opportunity to be fully vested in the life of the Christ Church of Oak Brook.
BENEFITS: Four (4) weeks paid vacation and holiday pay. Benefits include medical, dental, short/long term disability, life insurance, and matching 401k plan.
HIRING SALARY: Competitive in the marketplace and commensurate with experience.
- Women’s Ministry
- Through biblical teaching, provide an understanding of scripture and a promotion of how women are formed in Christ.
- Partner with leadership teams and groups in our women’s ministry as well as other grow team ministries. Serve as primary equipper for women’s ministry activities.
- Create an attitude of one-on-one availability for those who need counsel, pastoral care, encouragement and instruction on their journey as women.
- Provide the encouragement and coaching necessary to continue to develop new opportunities for women.
- Partner with the Women’s Board (Ministry Team) in developing ministry teams.
- Create an online, social media presence as a way for women to stay connected to ministry opportunities.
- Faith Development
- Deepen our intentional discipleship programs by developing personal Growth Planning resources.
- Provide compelling resources and community experiences that guide and equip explorers or those early in their faith journey in the Core Beliefs and Practices.
- Provide counsel in spiritual disciplines for those seeking them.
- Partner closely with Group Life and Soul Care initiatives toward further alignment and development.
- Coach and train a wide variety of small group leaders and ministry partners through regular leadership equipping opportunities.
- Coordinate and communicate all activities with church staff, church members, and others in the community.
- Bachelor’s degree in biblical studies, communication, education, or related field and five or more years’ experience teaching and leading adults in spiritual disciplines.
- Master’s degree in Ministry or Master’s in Divinity is preferred.
- Equivalent combination of relevant education and experience will be considered.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS DESIRED:
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of the historical streams of the Christian faith as well as a working knowledge of the historical practices that have significantly shaped people in Christ
- Skill in written and oral communications
- Ability to multi-task and maintain composure under pressure
- Self-starter needing minimal supervision
- Creative and innovative
- Proficiency in major computer applications
- Ability to pass pre-employment background screening
Interested candidates can apply by submitting cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include a sample lesson/teaching that you personally prepared or an appropriate link to view teaching.
Due to the volume of inquiries and applicants, we are not able to respond to every application or resume we receive. We will be in contact with you if we are interested in pursuing your application of employment. Thank you for your understanding. Please,
no phone calls.
Christ Church of Oak Brook is an Equal Opportunity Employer