The person in this full-time position plays a critical role in efforts to engage people in GCC’s mission. Writes for online and offline channels, crafts stories for screen, and facilitates other content production. Serves as a brand champion and cultivates online engagement.
Spiritually mature believer in a vital, growing relationship with Jesus Christ expressed in a commitment to humble, servant leadership. Possesses a heart for the local church.
Committed to fulfill the mission and ministry goals of Grace Community Church by collaborating with staff and serving teams.
COMPETENCIES (Required skills, knowledge, & abilities)
- Undergraduate degree or significant experience in communications/marketing, video, design or related field
- Demonstrated excellence in crafting video from pre through post production (samples required)
- Experience managing content and developing audience engagement on websites and social media platforms
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills (samples required)
- Highly organized and understands the value of good systems
- Diligent about accuracy
- Strong serving/customer service attitude
- Committed to improvement, seeks and uses feedback, understands strengths and weaknesses
- Proficient in Final Cut Pro X ,WordPress, social media platforms, Google Analytics, Adobe Suite
CULTURE: Contributes to an environment that is:
- Collaborative, flexible, and service-oriented
- Fast-paced with quick turnarounds
- Interconnected both in terms of products/deliverables and ministry efforts
- Develops stories in a variety of media including video
- Serves as primary content administrator for online channels, creating and maintaining editorial calendar(s) for each online channel.
- Facilitates content/media development by staff and GraceCreatives for online engagement i.e. acquiring authors/content for blog.
- Leverages integrated marketing and other strategies to optimize content and engagement.
- Monitors, analyzes, and reports on traffic and engagement patterns to inform strategy.
- Provides daily curation and constant improvement for online channels.
- Adheres to and champions GCC style guide, branding strategies, and theological beliefs.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creates and edits digital media as needed including but not limited to web graphics and video.
- Creates and implements marketing plans for ministries i.e. digital marketing calendar and related components.
- Serves as task supervisor and skills coach for contractors and people serving as needed.
- Contributes to ongoing Communications efforts and other projects as assigned.
- Reports to Communications Director
- Works closely with Communications Team, IT team, ministry leaders, GraceCreative and other talent
- Oversees people serving and contracted talent (periodically)
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Audio/Visual ManagerOur Savior's Way Lutheran Church
- Ashburn, Virginia
- January 17
Communications DirectorIngleside Baptist Church
- Macon, Georgia
- January 13
Worship & Creative Arts DirectorRadiant Church
- Ludington, Michigan
- January 13
Audio/Visual TechnicianSecond Presbyterian Church
- Bloomington, Illinois
- January 13
Audio Director: FOH EngineerSlingshot Group
- Irvine, California
- January 11